QuickBooks comes with hundreds of accounting features that allows you to manage your accounts easily. QuickBooks consists various different templates for invoices, estimates, credit memos, sales orders, purchase orders, sales receipts, statements and packings. You also have the option to customize all the available templates the way you want.
This article will provide you all the information about using and customizing the form templates in QuickBooks Desktop. If you want any kind of assistance, you can dial our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-366-1468 as well.
Form Templates Overview
A QuickBooks Form template is base form that you use to track sales and purchases of your company. The form template decides how your form will look on screen. The templates allow you to know the fields and columns that are on the form. These templates also decides the which font will be used in the form, graphics, lines or borders.
The Template List
Every template of your forms can be found in the Template list. For beginners, the list contains some basic and predefined form templates that can be by the users for initial stages of using and customizing your forms. You also get the option to create a duplicate or import previously saved templates.
You can choose any template from the list to use and customize them the way you want. However, we recommend you to choose a template in which you don’t have to make much modifications as it can be a bit hectic task for you as well.
Note: The template list can be found by going into List and then Template.
Customize Form Templates
You can start basic customization of your form templates from the customization window. You can access it by following ways:
- Navigate to the Template list and double-click on the template that you want to customize.
- Open the Formatting tab and then click on Manage Templates.
You can get these options in the following window:
- Manage Templates: Selecting this option will redirect you to screen that will show you the templates list for a particular form. You have the option to copy, delete or download the form templates from the same window. It also allows you to rename your templates that can help you in identifying and using those templates anytime.
- Add your logo: By click on the Use logo checkbox, you can add your company logo on your invoices and forms. If a logo is not added already then you will get a window from which you can select your logo to add on the form or invoice. You can also change your logo by clicking on Select Logo Doing this will reduce the size of your logo and it is highly recommended to use a jpeg image because other transparent formats can pixilate your logo.
- Change Fonts and Colors: You have the option to change the font style and font’s color for some details like name, labels, data etc.
- Company & Transaction Information: In this section, you can add contact details of your invoices and forms. Selecting the Update Information option will allow you to change the contact information and in case if you want to add some more details then you can select the Layout Designer
- Additional Customization: With this, you can insert or delete information from your form’s header, columns and footer. Click on the Screen checkbox to see the fields on your screen during the time of filling out forms in QuickBooks and then put a checkmark on Print checkbox to see the printed form. To set the printing options, you can click on the Print
- Layout Designer: This option allows you to add or remove header/columns from your form. You can also move, increase or decrease items and other important information from your form.
- Print Preview: You can see the changes made by you in the right-side of your screen. The visual that you see there is how your form or invoice will look after printing it.
Duplicate Or Make A Copy Of A Template
This option allows you to apply the design and format of your template that you customized to another template type.
- From the main menu, go to Lists and then choose Template from the drop-down list.
- Choose the template that you want to copy from the template list.
- Select the Duplicate option from the drop-down list.
- Modify form type the way you want to use it and then click on OK.
- Try to use the copy of your template now.
Export Or Import Templates
QuickBooks provides you the option to copy the customized templates from one company to another. It can be a very time saving feature for you because you won’t have to create a new template for your other company files. By exporting and importing the templates, you can also restricts the faulty or damaged templates from being transferred to the portable company files. But this feature also has some limitations that are mentioned below:
- You won’t be able to customize templates that you’ve made in a newer version of QuickBooks into older versions.
- The templates that are created in QuickBooks for MAC won’t get exported in other QuickBooks company files.
QuickBooks For Windows
- From the List menu, go to Template and then select the template you want to export.
- Click on Export
- Verify the file name and choose the location where you want to save the file.
- Click on Save.
- Open the company file in which you want to import the template.
- From the List menu, go to Template and then select the template you want to import.
- Click on Import
- Select the template you want to import and then click on Open.
- Assign a name to the imported template if you want
- Select OK and the import process should get finished in a while. Once the process finishes, you will be able to import template on the list.
QuickBooks For MAC
To export/import templates:
- From the Customers menu, select Create Invoices.
- Click on Invoice Template.
- Select Edit Template option and it will open the Layout Designer on your screen.
- Go to File> Export/Import.
Technical Support For QuickBooks
The above-mentioned steps should allow you to use, customize, export and import the templates that can used to create forms, invoices, credit memos, estimates and many more. The steps provided in this article will also help you to customize your forms and invoice templates to will make your forms and invoices look good. However, sometimes you can face several issues while using or customizing the form templates. If you are not able to understand any point in this article or you are having some issues while performing the process then you will have connect with the Intuit QuickBooks Support team.
If you want any kind of help regarding forms and invoice templates or you are having some errors or issues during the process then you can get connected with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468. You can get an instant resolution for all your QuickBooks issues here.
Submit your review