Emails have become an integral part of the business world. No organization can ever succeed in today’s competitive environment without relying on the prowess of emails, whether it is being used for internal communication, digital marketing, or for coordinating with clients, suppliers and customers.
Integrating emails with QuickBooks accounting software has given users an unprecedented control over their business operations as they can directly send emails to their customers, debtors and suppliers directly from the software. However, at times, users may often several issues and error messages while sending emails from their software. One such error is “QuickBooks unable to send email”. This error message appears when you try to send an email or make a transaction through QuickBooks.
In this article, we’ll show you ways to manually fix the error. But, before proceeding with the resolution steps, let’s look at the causes behind this issue.
Reasons Behind “QuickBooks unable to Send Email” Error Message
There are various reasons that can lead to this error. These include:
- Incorrect email preferences.
- Damaged MAPI32.dll file.
- QuickBooks running as Administrator.
- Errors while installing QuickBooks.
- Damaged Outlook installation.
- Outlook opened in the background while sending emails through QuickBooks.
Resolution To The Problem
Here are few steps that can help you resolve the error.
Solution 1: Ensure That QuickBooks is Not Running as Administrator
- Right click on the QuickBooks icon and click on Properties.
- Now select the Compatibility tab.
- Deselect the option “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
- Exit and restart your QuickBooks software.
Solution 2: Ensure That Your Email Preferences are Set Correctly in QuickBooks
- Click on Edit and go to preference.
- Select Send Forms options and click on My preference tab.
- Set ‘Send email using to the’ option to the one you want to use and click OK.
- If the preference is selected correctly:
- Go to Edits, click on Preferences and select Send Forms.
- Click on My preferences tab and select the QuickBooks email option.
- Click OK.
- Now go to the Edit option again and click on Preferences.
- Select Outlook and click OK.
- Close QuickBooks and all other programs running on the system.
- Restart QuickBooks and confirm that the error has been resolved.
Solution 3: Repair MAPI32.dll file
- Close all open programs.
- Click on Start and go to Computer.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32.
- Double click on Fixmapi.exe file and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once Fixmapi.exe finishes running, restart your computer and confirm that the issue has been resolved.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install
- Go to the Control Panel and click on Programs.
- Click on QuickBooks and click on Uninstall to remove it.
- Now download QuickBooks Clean Install tool and run QuickBooks_Clean_Install_tool.exe to install it.
- Search for the Intuit folder and rename it to Intuit.old. Make sure not to delete your Intuit folder as it contains your QuickBooks company files.
- Now reinstall QuickBooks using the installation CD.
- Verify that the issue has been resolved.
Solution 5: Correctly Set Email Preference in Internet Explorer
- Close QuickBooks and open Internet Explorer.
- Click on Tools and go to Internet Options.
- Now click on the Programs tab and select the correct email as your default email program.
- Click on Apply and then click OK.
- Close Internet Explorer and open QuickBooks again.
- Try to send an email and verify that the issue has been resolved.
Still Unable to Fix The Issue?
We can help! Call us by dialing our QuickBooks support number +1877-277-3228 and we can help resolve all your QuickBooks email related issues in no time. By using the most advanced tools and techniques, our expert technicians will help you diagnose the actual reason behind “QuickBooks unable to send email” error and resolve it to help you get going. We can also help you install, upgrade and update your QuickBooks accounting software as well as provide QuickBooks cloud hosting to ensure 24X7 business productivity.
For instant support and timely resolution of all QuickBooks issues, call us now!
Get Help: QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1-888-396-0208 for QuickBooks issues. Contact with QuickBooks Payroll support phone number to fix QuickBooks errors with our professional and well trained experts. Our team is offering the compressive solutions for all QuickBooks problems 24*7.