QuickBooks comes with so many different templates that can be used for invoices, estimates, credit memos, sales order, purchase orders, sales receipts, statements and packing. Also, you get the option to customize all kinds of templates the way you want them. Although, it can be a bit complex and sometimes you may face some issues while customizing form templates. If you are also facing some issues or errors while using and customizing templates or you don’t know the process to do so then this article can be helpful for you because we’ll be discussing about common issues when using and customizing templates and how to resolve them.
Read the full article and go through all mentioned steps to troubleshoot all the issues which using or customizing templates. You can also connect with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Number +1888-380-2330 if you want an instant resolution for all your QuickBooks issues.
Common Issues While Using And Customizing Templates
Invoice Or Statement Forms Print Without Lines Or Borders Around Fields
The QuickBooks Printer setup preferences helps you to tell whether the lines or border whether the lines or borders will get printed or not. You can set these preferences using a particular from so there are possibilities that the lines and borders printing on some forms and not on others.
You need to modify the printer setup preferences for a particular form. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do so:
- Go to File > Printer Setup
- Choose all the important forms available in Form drop-down list.
- Select Blank Paper under the Print On
- Remove the check mark from Do not print lines around each field box and then click on OK
Emailed Invoices Have Garbled Text Or A Corrupt Appearance
You may find the sent invoice as a bit weird. In such scenarios, you have to modify font of the that invoice to avoid these issues:
- From the Basic Customization window,click on Layout Designer
- Right-tap on the affected text and choose Properties from the drop-down list.
- Select the Font option and select a non-typical font such as Arial or Calibri.
- Adjust the font size, bolding and other basic things according to your preferences.
Note: Cambria is the default font most of the time but other fonts can also be selected as well.
- Perform same steps for all the affected texts and then select
- Save this invoice in PDF format and check it whether the issue is resolved or not.
Due To An Error, The Template Was Not Exported
If you are facing some errors when you are trying to export a custom template created within QuickBooks Desktop then this section will be helpful for you. You may get an error that say:
The custom template you are exporting may have a logo or image attached to the file.
Delete the attached logo/image from the custom template that you are trying to export:
- Open the company file that contains the custom template that couldn’t be exported.
- Go to List and the Templates
- Right-tap on the affected template and select Edit Template from the drop-down list.
- Clear the Use Logo checkbox and then OK
Error C=291 When Importing A Form Template
Sometimes you can receive the QuickBooks Error C=291 while importing a form template. It may come along the following error message:
An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks and try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C=value and contact technical support. C=291
You also get the following warning message:
Due to an error, the template was not imported. This may be because the template type used to store this template is incompatible with the template type being used to read it.
QuickBooks Error C=291 pop-up on your screen when you try to open a damaged form template. It can also occur when you try to import the form template from a higher version of QuickBooks.
If a template was created in a newer version of QuickBooks then it won’t be able to accessed in the older versions. If you want to open it in an older version then you will have to create the entire template manually.
Unable To Print Custom Invoice Templates Using QuickBooks for Mac
If you are trying to print invoices that contains used custom templates and shows that the page is printing but it didn’t get printed at all. This issue can occur when the damaged QuickBooks Desktop or Layout Designer.
To resolve this issue, you need to remove and rebuild damaged preferences file:
- Create a backup of your data files
- Make sure that all the QuickBooks processes are closed.
- Double-click on the hard drive icon on the desktop and navigate to Users > [UserName] > Library > Preferences.
- Drag quickbooks.plist and com.intuit.layoutdesigner.plist files and drop them to the Trash can.
- Open QuickBooks and restore the company files of which you created the backup.
- Make a new customized invoice and save it using a different name and location.
- Try to print the customized invoices by using the template you created recently.
The Invoice Does Not Save Your Customized Invoice Template As The Default
When you use a template on an invoice and after that when you create a new one, the regular template will open again. Although, it’s default setting but you have the option modify it by going into the Invoice Template drop-down.
- Re-sort the template list
- From the main menu, go to List> Templates > View > Re-sort List and then click on OK.
- Resave the customized template preference.
- Go to Customers > Create Invoices
- Create a test invoice and then choose the template of your choice.
- Click on Save & New.
- Go to Customers > Create Invoices to get ensured whether your template option is set as default or not.
NOTE:If you want to delete any invoice then you just need to click on the backspace key or CTRL + D keys.
- Check a different default template
- Go to Customers > Create Invoices
- Use a standard template and then create a new test invoice..
- From the Template drop-down list, click on “Intuit” templates listed.
- Enter required Customer and Item details on the invoice.
- Tap on Save & Close.
- Go to Customers > Create Invoices to get assured that “Intuit” template option is selected by default.
Note:If you want to delete any invoice then you just need to click on the backspace key or CTRL + D keys.
If still the same Invoice Template opens then it means that the Invoice Template you have customized is probably damaged. You need to restore your backup file to the dated when the template was working fine and if you still facing the issue then you will have to recreate your customized template.
You tried to customize a sales form and you have resized the text field through resizing the long text field but that long text field does not show up in any page except the last one. You need to use a Text Box to enter the information needed:
- Run the invoice and navigate to Formatting
- Select the Customize Data Layout.
- Select Layout Designer and click on Add
- Now, tap on the Text Box.
- Provide all the required information that you want to show in your invoice.
- Resize the area to every information you entered and then select OK to save the changes.
- Select Print Preview option to check how the text box on the form is appearing after it get printed..
- Close the Print Preview window and tap on OK.
Insufficient Data For An Image Error
If you are facing the insufficient data error when you try to email, print or save a form as PDF then it is possible that the form contains an image which is either damaged or broken.You have to change the format of image to resolve the issue properly.
- From the main menu, go to List > Template and double-click on template in which you are facing the issue.
- Click on Layout Designer and then remove the image
- Now, click on OK.
- Open the image using any photo editing application.
- Save this image with .JPG format
- Now, try to open the template from QuickBooks and add same image in the template using the Layout Designer. You can resize the image as required.
- Try to email, save, or print the template again.
Technical Support For QuickBooks
Hopefully, you find this article helpful and now you are able to Troubleshoot Common Issues When Using And Customizing Templates easily. However, if you couldn’t resolve the issue manually or you are facing some difficulties while performing the steps then you can contact the QuickBooks Support department to avail support.
For this you need to get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-380-2330 and you will be directly connected with one of our ProAdvisor instantly. You can also contact us through our c program where you can chat with the certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors regrading your issues.
Submit your review