QuickBooks Database Server Manager is an integral part of QuickBooks which enables you to configure it for multi-user access. QB Database Server Manager creates the crucial network data files (.nd) on the host desktop for your company data files. Occasionally, you will encounter errors and issues in your QuickBooks and you will need to restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Do you know how to restart it?
Don’t worry if you don’t know how to restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager as you are not alone. Read this blog post to the very end to understand how to restart the server manager correctly. Also, you can just connect with the Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of errorsupportnumber. Call on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1877-277-3228 to connect with the experts and get solutions for all QuickBooks issues.
We have kept this blog post easy to understand and implement so that you can do it on your own. Make sure that you go through all the steps in the order they are given. If you fail to follow the steps exactly as they are given then you might create bigger problems for yourself. We highly recommend that you let the QuickBooks Experts take care of the issue as they have years of experience and technical knowledge to deal with such issues.
Let’s get started.
Steps To Restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
An important point to remember is that you have to restart the QB Database Server Manager on the host computer which is hosting your company data files. Some users also call it the server computer. You can choose to install or reinstall the server manager. This option appears on your screen when the installation wizard for QB is active. The QB Database Server Manager will automatically start executing when you open the QB desktop accounting software on your computer.
If The Full QuickBooks Program Is Installed On The Host Or Server
- Go to the computer which is hosting the company data files.
- Open QuickBooks and then click on the File menu.
- Now, choose Open or Restore Company and then click on the Open a company file option.
- Search for your company file and then click on it.
- Click on the Open file in multi-user mode option to mark it.
- Choose Open.
- A prompt will appear on your screen which will ask you to log into the company data file. Use your user credentials to log in to your account.
- Open your File menu and then click on the Close Company/Logoff option to exit from the company file on the server.
If Only The QuickBooks Database Server Manager Is Installed On The Host Or Server
Take your time to follow the instructions which appear on your screen if your QB Database Server Manager is installed on the server. Implement these steps only if the earlier solutions did not resolve the issue for you.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and then click on the text field.
- Type Control Panel in the text field and press Enter.
- The Control Panel screen will open on your computer. Go to Administrative Tools and then double-click on Services option.
- Now, right-click on the suitable data manager:
- QuickBooksDB28 (QuickBooks 2018)
- QuickBooksDB27 (QuickBooks 2017)
- QuickBooksDB26 (QuickBooks 2016)
- Tap on Restart.
If The QuickBooks Database Server Manager Does Not Start:
- Reboot the server computer again and implement the earlier steps again based on your setup.
- If QuickBooks Database Server Manager still doesn’t start even after rebooting the server, do this:
- Repair QuickBooks installation
- Reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install
Get QuickBooks Technical Support Services
Let us know what you think about this blog post. You can also check out our other step-by-step guides and informative articles to learn more about your QuickBooks.
In the event, you are still unable to reboot your QuickBooks Database Server manager then you can reach out to QuickBooks Tech Support Team of errorsupportnumber by calling us on the toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1877-277-3228. Our Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors will assist you over the phone call. We will create a temporary remote connection between the Intuit server and your computer by using highly secure apps. Once the connection is stable, you can show us the issue which you are encountering and the QB Experts will resolve it in front of your own eyes.
You can also choose to use the QuickBooks Email Chat Support service. Just click on the chat support icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen.