With the help of the Intuit Data Protect Service provided by Intuit, you can easily create a backup of your QuickBooks Company File. You also get an option to schedule backup by using the IDP that will automatically create a backup on a scheduled time. However, sometimes you might face a situation when the Intuit Data Protect is not working properly as it used to work efficiently before. This could be due to an error Scheduled backup does not run and the automatic backup couldn’t be processed. If you are also facing a similar issue and looking for solutions then don’t worry, this article has provided complete information on how you can easily fix the Scheduled backup does not run issue in Intuit Data Protect. If after going through the whole article you still face any trouble or have any doubt then you can always contact the QuickBooks Technical support experts to get a quick response.
Note- Most of the time you can fix the errors related to Intuit Data Protect easily you just need to update Intuit data protect to the latest release.
When You Access Quickbooks Desktop And Intuit Data Protect Locally
If in case you are setting up IDP for the first time then you should have the administrator rights that will allow you to have complete access to IDP and QuickBooks. Hence, it is important that the window user has administrator rights.
To check the administrator rights perform the following steps:
- Go to the Run command > CTRL +R
- Now type control panel and then click on the OK option that will open the control panel
- Then, locate the user accounts and click on it.
- In the ‘users account’ go to the administrator word that will be present below the user name. If you are able to view this option then you have logged into as administrator and you have full access to IDP. you will now be able to make any changes that are required to run the backup smoothly.
Note- if you are looking for the detailed steps to create a new windows admin account then you should visit Add, Edit, Or Create Windows Users With Administrator Rights For QuickBooks Desktop.
Privileges of Admin- level:
While creating a back or during the time of scheduled backup, it is important that the windows account should be logged in with administrative rights. If during the time of system running you are logged out from the system then the IDP will not run the scheduled backup.
When you access QuickBooks Desktop and IDP remotely
- Open your server settings and ensure that your remote session is active and will not get timed out automatically before and during the scheduled backup time.
- Go to the control panel and then select system and security
- Now, click on power options, if it is required then you can change the system settings as well to ensure that you have kept the remote session running before and while processing the scheduled backup time.
What to do if the computer is in a power-saving mode:
If the back has been scheduled to run then IDP will not let your system go on sleep mode. Although, if the IDP has been installed on a system or laptop that hibernates once the lid is closed or if it does not have a sufficient battery then the scheduled backup will not run successfully.
QuickBooks Technical Support Service:
We hope that with the help of the information and solutions provided above you have been able to understand how to fix or resolve the error that was occurring during the scheduled backup. Although if you are still facing some issues or errors like Scheduled backup does not run, then there are chances that your QuickBooks files are either damaged or there are some issues with your Intuit Data Protect. In such circumstances, it is advised to get in touch with Intuit certified Proadvisors. You can contact the Intuit QuickBooks Proadvisors who are 24*7 available to assist you with resolving any kind of QuickBooks related problems, issues, or errors. The QuickBooks highly experienced technical support experts are known for resolving any kind of problems associated with QB instantly resulting in saving your time and energy that you can otherwise invest in attending other needs of your business. You can get in touch with the team at the QB toll-free errorsupportnumber +1800-366-1468 to get an immediate response.