If you are also looking for the solutions for what needs to be done if the amount in your cash drawer and Z-Out Drawer Count report is not matching with each other or if you want to know how to record a cash shortage or overage in QuickBooks Desktop then you have arrived at the right page. This article is going to provide you all the solutions related to this. With the help of the Z-out drawer count report, you can easily maintain a record of the sum of your cash flow for a specific day. The cash shortage or overage can be defined if there is less or more money in your cash drawer respectively.
Make sure that your books are matched to what happens to your business out of the software. You can follow the solutions mentioned below to keep your books in QuickBooks desktop updated.
Solution 1- Ensure that there is a shortage or overage
- Go to your cash drawer and then recount the money from it.
- Make sure to have an accurate opening and ending amount in the Z-Out Drawer Count report
- Open the main menu and then click on the reports
- Open the cash drawer and then click on the Z-Out Drawer Count.
- Modify or change the date and then click on the Apply date range.
- Now you need to review the amount of the cash drawer and the report
If you find that the amounts in both are the same then you need to perform the end of day procedure. However, if you find any kind of shortage or overage in the amount then you will have to perform the next steps.
Solution 2- Run a Financial Exchange:
- • Open the financial menu and then click on the financial center.
- • Open the actions section and then select to update QuickBooks Desktop Now.
- Solution 3- How to Create a Shortage Or Overage Account In QuickBooks Desktop:
- You will directly have to perform the solution 4 if you find that there is a shortage or overage account already.
- Open the list-menu and then go to the chart of accounts
- Click on the accounts in the drop-down list and select New.
- Choose the account type and then click on the continue option.
- Enter all the account information and then click on the save and close option.
- Solution 4- Record The Shortage Or Overage Using a Deposit
- Open the banking menu and then click on the make deposits
- Choose the pending payments that you need to deposit from the payments to deposit and then click on the OK option.
- Go to the Make Deposits window, and then click on Save and New.
- Modify the Deposit to, Date, and Memo sections.
- Go to the received From section, and then click on the small arrow
- Now you need to click on the cash in the drawer.
- Go to the account section and then click on the small arrow icon now select the shortage or overage account.
- You need to enter the shortage (negative) or overage (positive) amount in the amount field. For example; $10 shortage = -10, $10 overage = 10
- Now click on the save option and close it.
QuickBooks Technical Support Service:
We hope that with the help of the information and solutions provided above you have been able to understand how to record a cash shortage in QuickBooks Desktop. It is important to follow these steps carefully because if there is a slight difference between the amounts then it can cause some technical issues in QuickBooks. However, if you are still facing any trouble or have any doubt or confusion that needs to be cleared then you can directly contact the Intuit QuickBooks Proadvisors who are 24*7 available to assist you with resolving any kind of QuickBooks related problems, issues, or errors. The QuickBooks highly experienced technical support experts are known for resolving any kind of problems associated with QB instantly resulting in saving your time and energy that you can otherwise invest in attending other needs of your business. You can get in touch with the team at the QB toll-free errorsupportnumber +1800-366-1468 to get an immediate response.