QuickBooks is the revolutionary software in the Accounting and Management industry. It uses inbuilt and third-party applications to provide its Users with high efficiency and precision. Sometimes Users want to connect some web-based program to QuickBooks, and they might run into QuickBooks Web Connector error when they start the computer.
The error message on your screen will be one of the following:
- “QBWC1085: Unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks opens without writing the log file.”
- “QBWC1085: Problem within the log. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without opening the log file.”
If the Web Connector cannot access the QWCLOG.txt file or if it is damaged, the User will have to face the “Exception Type Error Unknown name” error on their screen.
How To Resolve The QuickBooks Web Connector Error?
If your QuickBooks is not connected to any Third-Party application and still you are facing this QBWC1085 error, we highly recommend that you remove the Web Connector from the Startup Menu.
However, if you use any Third-Party application and it is linked to any Data file using the Web Connector then do not remove the QuickBooks Web Connector from the Start Up menu.
In that case, you have to rename the QWCLOG.TXT file. Follow the steps given below to resolve the QuickBooks Web Connector Error manually. If you do not have the time or require professional help in doing so, you can just get in touch with QuickBooks Tech Support team.
1)If Your Company Data is Not Connected To Any Third Party Program Follow These Steps:
- Log in as a System Administrator.
- Go to C drive and then click on Program Data.
- Now, Select Microsoft.
- Go to Windows > Start Menu > Programs > Startup.
- Now look for QuickBooks Web Connector error and right click on it.
- Click on the Delete Icon.
- Restart your computer once you have deleted the file.
- Reopen your QuickBooks without the Web Connector.
2) If Your Company Data is Connected To Any Third Party Program Follow These Steps:
- Log out of your QuickBooks account.
- Close Web Connector.
- Go to C > Program Data > Intuit > QBWebConnector > Log.
- Look for the file QWCLOG.TXT.
- Rename the file to QWCLOGOLD.TXT.
- Open the Web Connector again.
- Restart your Computer and then open QuickBooks.
- Login into the Third-party application.
You can avoid all these errors in the future by adding the web services that you want to use with your QuickBooks in an effective manner. See to it that QuickBooks desktop is supported by either QuickBooks SDK or QBPOS SDK.
The above-mentioned steps will resolve the Web Connector Error. If the error still persists, then it is possible that you might have more problems with your QuickBooks.
We highly recommend that you get in touch with the QuickBooks Experts by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number at 1877-277-3228. The Experts will use their tools to run a diagnose on your QuickBooks and find out the root cause of this problem and then solve it.
You can also get in touch with the Technical Department by using the Live Chat option on our website.