This is the most faced issue by QuickBooks issues. It is very complicated to print a PDF from the software itself and it is common for Users to run into errors while doing so. QuickBooks has been largely criticized by its Users for the complicated procedure for printing PDF files.
First, the instructions for printing the PDF file are sent to a special PDF printer driver which converts the data into a printable form. Then, the printable form is converted into a PDF.
We understand how frustrating it is to face an error when you are trying to get things done. That is why we have created this in-depth article to resolve this problem.
First, Let Us Discuss The History Of This Error.
The previous versions of QuickBooks and the version which was released in 2010 all used to directly send the instructions to the PDF driver. But it was also susceptible to issues related to operating system and usually faced an error on a 64-bit system.
Intuit worked on this issue and debugged all the errors for the 2010 version of QuickBooks. The printer port and the drivers were updated with new code.
Need For Two Drivers in QuickBooks 2013
Microsoft drivers receive regular updates and they have been in the market for the last 15 years. The printer works well with the software. QuickBooks utilizes one or the other version of this driver. QuickBooks driver is working with one of these variables to print the pdf in the usual cases:
- Use the Amyuni PDF printer driver to solve the issue in the versions released before 2011.
- If you are using a QuickBooks version which is released after 2011, use Microsoft XPS printer driver to solve the printing issue.
The other driver which is the ABS printer driver is used by a third-party component named the business plan tool in QuickBooks 2013. This tool is used to create budgeting menu and for business planning. The business plan which will be created in PDF format cannot be opened in the QuickBooks 2011 and QuickBooks 2012 versions.
How To Repair The QuickBooks Unable to Locate PDF Viewer?
Now, that we understand the PDF problem better, let us discuss the solutions to get rid of the PDF problem.
- You can use the PDF repair utility which comes prebuilt in Intuit products.
- You can download the latest version of QuickBooks which are free from any PDF problems.
- Verify that you have the access to all the temp folders of the windows. It is vital that you have the permission to access Temp folders to print PDF’s.
You can speak with the QuickBooks Support Team 24×7 by dialing the toll-free number 1877-277-3228 if you face any problem during the process.