QuickBooks is a high-end business accounting software that allows you to seamlessly manage and control all your accounting functions. However, like all other technical software, it is also prone to issues and error messages. One of the most common issues that users face while using or operating their QuickBooks Accounting software is “QuickBooks stopped working” or “QuickBooks not responding” problem.
This error message appears when you are trying to work on your QuickBooks Desktop software, but it suddenly closes down with “QuickBooks not responding” error message. In this article we’ll take you through the possible reasons that cause this issue and manual ways to fix the problem. In case you need expert assistance for fixing the issue, call us at our toll free QuickBooks tech support number +1877-277-3228 and get in touch with our certified technicians. They’ll help you fix the issue in no time.
Reasons Behind The Issue
There are several possible reasons that may lead to this issue. These include:
- Damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- Hard drive corruption.
- Long company name.
- Damaged or missing program files.
- Issues with QuickBooks Desktop installation files.
- Damaged Windows operating system.
Resolution To The Problem
Depending on the cause behind the error, there are various ways to fix the issue:
Solution 1: Using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool)
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and save it on your Desktop.
- Close all programs.
- Run the QBInstall Tool.
- Once the process is over, restart your computer to ensure that all components have been properly updated.
Solution 2: Reboot Your Computer
Sometimes simply rebooting your computer can resolve the issue. In case the error persists, disable your antivirus program temporarily and see if your QuickBooks are starting normally.
Solution 3: Rename the QBWUSER.ini File
- Rename your QBWUSER.ini file. For this,
- Open the folder where QBWUSER.ini is saved.
- Right click on iniand select Rename.
- To rename it, add .oldat the end of the file name.
- Similarly, rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file as well.
- Check if QuickBooks is open normally by opening a sample company file. In case:
- The sample file opens but you are still unable to open your own company file, then copy the file to a different folder and try opening it from there. If you are able to open the company file from a different location, then your QuickBooks Company file folder might be damaged or there might be issues with folder permissions.
- If you still cannot sign into your file, then your company file is most likely damaged. Restore your QuickBooks to an earlier backup to fix the issue.
- If you are unable to open even your sample company file, then your actual QuickBooks installation is damaged.
Solution 4: Reinstall using Clean Install
- Go to the Control Panel and click on Programs.
- Click on QuickBooks and click on Uninstall to remove it.
- Now download QuickBooks Clean Install tool and run QuickBooks_Clean_Install_tool.exe to install it.
- Search for the Intuit folder and rename it to Intuit.old. Make sure not to delete your Intuit folder as it contains your QuickBooks company files.
- Now reinstall QuickBooks using the installation CD.
- Verify if the issue has been resolved.
Still Need Help?
By following the aforementioned resolution steps, you should be able to fix the error message. However, if the issue still persists, the issue is technical and you need expert help to resolve it. Don’t worry, expert help is just a call away! Simply dial our toll free QuickBooks customer support number 1877-277-3228 to connect with our expert technicians. By using the most advanced tools and techniques, they’ll help you diagnose the actual reason behind “QuickBooks stops working” issue and will help you fix it no time. All our technicians are quite proficient in resolving QuickBooks related issues and can provide you expert guidance and support to help you enjoy uninterrupted software performance and productivity. Our QuickBooks experts can also help you install, update, and upgrade your QuickBooks Accounting software and customize it as per your preferences. For expert QuickBooks support and assistance, call now!