QuickBooks Point of Sale allows you manage all your financial exchanges, day-to-day transactions, tracking inventory and other important processes. QuickBooks POS is specially developed to make your accounting tasks more easy and accurate. However, sometimes you face some issues with QuickBooks Point of Sale that can be frustrating for you. QuickBooks POS Error 121 is one such error that generally occurs while trying to sign in with a non-admin user credentials.
Today, we will be discussing about the QuickBooks Error 121 that basically occurs when you try to perform a task in QuickBooks Point of Sale. This article will provide you complete resolution of this error code 121. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks POS Support Number 1866-644-7717 to get your issues resolved instantly.
Reason Behind The QuickBooks POS Error 121
- When a user tries to log in to account as a guest and you get a pop-up message that says: “QB Point of sale error 121 denied & you don’t have authorization to choose from the timeouts “
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks software
- Some important Microsoft components are missing
- Damaged QuickBooks data files
- Insufficient permissions to log in to the account.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 121?
Close all the QuickBooks Processes
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del
- Navigate to the Processes tab
- Locate and end the following processes:
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R keys
- Type msc in search field and hit enter.
- Now, locate and stop QuickBooks Point Sale Database Manager XXXX from the services window.
- Now, close the services window
Display Hidden Windows Folders And Delete Necessary Files
For Windows 8.1 & 8 Users:
- Open the Control Panel
- Now, go to Appearance and Personalization section
- Click on Folder Options and then go to View tab
- Mark the Show Hidden Files, Folders & Drives from Advanced settings
- Click on OK
Windows 7 and Vista
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys
- Click on Organize > Folder & Search Options
- Go to View tab
- Click on Show hidden files and folders checkbox
- Unmark the Hide Protected Operating files checkbox
- Now Press YES on the warning message and press OK.
- Go to Tools and select Folder Options
- Go to View tab and unmark Hide extensions for known file types
- Mark the show hidden files and folders checkbox and unmark hide protected Operating system files
- Click on OK
- Go to the Following locations:
- For Windows 8 and 8.1: C:\Program data\intuit\entitlement client \v8.0
- For Windows 7 and vista: C:\Program data\intuit\entitlement client\ v8.0
- For XP: C:\documents and settings\all users\ application data\intuit\entitlement client\v8.0
- Now, press Ctrl + A to select all the files from folder
- Now, right-click and select Delete from drop-down or just press the Delete button from your keyboard.
- Now, go to the folder: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX.
- Go to the INI folder and delete WSAactivity as well.
- Run POS application and try to install or update QuickBooks application.
- Complete the registration process.
QuickBooks POS Support
Hopefully, you found this article helpful and you successfully tackled QuickBooks Error 121 by following the provided solutions. However, if you could not resolve this error then you can contact us and we will assign a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor for you to resolve your issue. You can dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 toll-free and get connected with one of our ProAdvisor who will look into your matter and provide you the required solution.
Submit your review