QuickBooks POS is a robust platform that allows you track sales, customers and inventory effectively and in very less time. It is a very important part of QuickBooks but sometimes there can be various errors and issues that can create hassle while working. One such error is QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect To Server that occur when you try to process a payment.
QuickBooks Point of Sale is specially designed to for retail businesses. It easily gets integrated with QuickBooks software. QuickBooks Point of Sale comes with three different versions: Basic Pro and Multi-store. You can get the server connection issue in any of the version and it come up with the following error message:
Error: Elaborate the Company Data File & the Server
This article will provide you a complete resolution of QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect To Server error. If you are not sure about performing steps manually then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks POS Support Phone Number +1877-277-3228to get an instant solution for your QuickBooks issues.
Causes Of POS Client Server Error
- Server is not set up properly for multi-user mode.
- Firewall settings are restricting the process.
- Internet connectivity issues.
- Dynamic IP is being used by QuickBooks.
- Network sharing and folder permissions are not set up appropriately.
There are some important tips that you should keep in your mind while processing the solution steps for this POS error:
- Make sure that your system has the minimum requirements to run QuickBooks.
- Restart your system and server.
- Check every port and restart all connections.
- Make sure that the client workstation connection connected to LAN and Server is properly configured. Communication between then should be proper.
- You should be logged into the system with Administrator rights.
Resolutions For The Error
Follow the solution steps provided in this section of the article will help you in resolving error. It is recommended to perform steps in the shown order to best results. Steps to resolve QuickBooks POS Client Server Cannot Connect To Server issue are as follow:
Solution 1: Set your server to multi user mode
- Open QuickBooks and go to the File
- Select Switch Company File To Multi-User Mode option from the drop-down list.
- Close and open QuickBooks POS again to check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Network discover option is to be turned on
- Open the Control Panel and go to the Network and Sharing Center
- Select Change Advanced Sharing Settings and then maximize your network profile
- Select Turn on from the Network Discovery
- From settings, click on All Networks.
- Open the Protected Sharing pan and then click on Turn off Protected Sharing.
- Restart your system to save changes.
Solution 3: Renaming the WSActivity Files
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E
- Go to the folder where WSActivity file is stored.
- Locate and right click on the file and select Rename from the drop-down list.
- Change the name of the file to OLDWSActivity.
- Close QuickBooks and run again to check if the error is resolved or not.
Reach Us For Support
The steps provided in this article should help you in resolving QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect To Server error. Most of the time, the error occurs when the server couldn’t connect to your local system. If you are not able to resolve the error by following these steps or you have some queries related to resolution for the error then you can contact us at any point of time by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1877-277-3228 toll-free.
Submit your review