When it comes to managing all the financial and operational needs of a small or medium sized Business QuickBooks is the one that everyone opts for. QuickBooks accounting software is specially designed to make seamless ecommerce integration for your both online and in- store business. It allows contactless payments, provides multichannel inventory management and many such more features. QuickBooks frequently upgrades to latest version to deliver high quality accounting experience to its customers. A multichannel retail business means more profit in Business with latest ways to make sale. QuickBooks POS or QuickBooks Point of Sale is one such feature of QuickBooks marketed by Intuits and to activate QuickBooks Point of Sale you need to perform the following steps.
Steps to Activate QuickBooks Point of Sale:
- Go to QuickBooks POS application
- Open file menu and select Set up an interview
- Now, you have to click on Payment
- Then click on Yes option to the debit/credit cards
- Your QuickBooks POS application will now be activated
QuickBooks POS by Intuit comes with features like Tablet functionality, dashboard feature, physical inventory scanner; employee management is the best option for experienced sellers looking forward to set their own shop or a new system for already existing shop. However, The QuickBooks Point of Sale sometimes may face certain error codes like QuickBooks POS error 176104. There can be many reasons behind this error that are explained below.
Causes for QuickBooks POS Error 176104:
- The Entitlement client data files may be corrupt or damaged
- The installation of POS application is either incomplete or damaged
- Firewall is preventing the QuickBooks POS files
- There might a problem with system’s internet connection
- The client copy of POS started before the Server copy of POS as it is running for the first time.
Solutions to resolve the QuickBooks POS Error 176104
Method 1 – Get the latest verion of POS update
- Select the exit option from the update
- Click on Help option, then go to Check for software
- Now, till the update gets finished
Method 2- Registration of Point of Sale application
- Click on Help menu, go to Registration
- Now, register Point of Sale
- Now, start server copy of POS and then click on to restart the client copy POS
Method 3- Check if POS services are functioning properly:
- Click on Windows + R to start the run command
- Click on the serach box and type MSC and press enter.
- Find the .vxx file and double click on it.
- If the services have stop then click on Start
- Click on the Stop option if the service is running and then start the service again.
- Click on OK the shutdown the window
- Now, run the POS once again
Method 4- Fix the “Entitlement client data files.”
- If you are using windows 7,8 and vista then click on folder, C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vx.x
- If it is windows XP then go to folder, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vx.x
- Now select all files and click on delete
- Now try to register by opening the POS application again
QuickBooks Technical support experts:
By performing the steps mentioned above you must be able to resolve the QB Error code 176104 in QuickBooks Point of Sale. However, if you are still facing the trouble in resolving the error you can try to block windows firewall and then try to register in QuickBooks POS. You can also reinstall the QuickBooks POS application to check if the issue is temporary or you can also get instant solution to your queries by getting in touch with Intuit’s experienced technical support experts at errorsupportnumber +1800-366-1468 and save your time, energy and to get prompt assistance.