QuickBooks is powerful accounting software that takes care of all the financial and operational needs of small to medium-size businesses. QuickBooks is designed and developed by Intuit that needs a license number and the product number that has to be activated on a specific system. You need to verify your license and product number to activate QuickBooks otherwise you won’t be able to do so. One of the points that need to be noted is that you do not have to reinstall the QuickBooks to change the QuickBooks license number and product number. If you are looking for ways on how to change the QuickBooks license and product number then don’t worry this article has provided you with all the solutions for it. It is advised to follow all the procedures in the article carefully to avoid any mistake but even if you have mistakenly performed any step or have any query then there is no need to worry as you can contact the QuickBooks highly experienced technical team at errorsupportnumber +1800-366-1468 to get quick solutions.
How Can You Change The QuickBooks License Number Only?
Important- The following mentioned steps are only for Windows users. You will have to contact the QuickBooks technical support team to get steps to change QuickBooks License Number on MAC OS.
- Go to the help menu and run QuickBooks, then choose to manage my license.
- Go to the My License Number and enter your new license number
- Click on next and then click on the finish
- Now restart your system.
Important- to save the changes properly you will restart your system, if this is not done then QuickBooks starts sending incorrect product information to the Intuit server in the process to access any of your company files. In case you are using QuickBooks in a multi-user mode then you might come across an error message stating: “ You’ve exceeded the maximum number of users who can access the company file at one time.”
How Can You Change The License Number And Product Code?
You need to have the qbregistration.dat file if you want to change the License number and the Product number. You do not need to reinstall the QuickBooks software for this process as you can also do this on editing the qbregistration.dat file that will work for you. You can edit the qbregistration.dat file by performing the two following steps:
Open The File In The Quickbooks
- Run QuickBooks while you are still on the home screen, now open the product information window by pressing the F2 keys on the keyboard.
- Go to the product information window and then press the F3 keys on the keyboard to get to the tech help window.
- Choose the Qbregistration.dat file in the Open file tab and then open the file in notepad by click on the open option.
- While editing your QuickBooks won’t display or open if any issue appears in the file, hence you need to create a back of the qbregistration.dat file.
- Now open the notepad file and then click on the file and then save as
- Now choose the location for the file and then click on the file option and then close the file.
- Now you need to open the tech file again and open the log file.
- You need to close the QuickBooks but you need to leave the qbregistration.dat file open in the notepad.
Open The File Using The Windows Explorer:
- Go to the windows explorer> windows+ E and then locate to the folder C:\ProgramData\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks to open the QB company files.
- Now right click on the qbregistration.dat file and go to open with.
- Choose notepad in the list
- Now you need to create a backup of your qbregistration.dat file as the QuickBooks will not open any issues that can happen in the file while editing it.
- Now with the help of a task manager, you can close your QuickBooks and all its related processes.
Edit The qbregistration.dat File
You can get all your data regarding the product information and license number that has been stored in the qbregistration.dat file. This part can be very helpful to you if you want to know more about the file.
- VERSION number=”29.0” (2019), “28.0” (2018), or “27.0” (2017)
- FLAVOR name=”QuickBooks Pro=pro, QuickBooks Premier (not Accountant Edition) = superpro, QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition=accountant, Enterprise Solutions = bel, Enterprise Solutions Accountant Edition=belacct.”
How You Can Edit The qbregistration.dat File?
It is important to know about the version of your QuickBooks installed on your computer before you start to change the license number or product number.
- Open the InstallID and substitute it with the correct product code. Make sure that the format of the code is accurate and then use this as a template and then there is no need to remove any of the brackets – XXX-XXX.
- You need to replace the old license number with the new license number and the license number should be in the format of XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.
- Now open the notepad file and then save it.
- Then to save changes you need to restart your computer.
- Now press the F2 key in the QuickBooks to open the Product Information window
- Now verify if the license number and product number have been replaced or no
You will have to restart your system in case you still seeing the older one, if they have not been changed then you need to first uninstall and then reinstall the QuickBooks software because the reinstalling of QuickBooks software will also ask you to provide the license number as well as product number. If you still have any doubt you can get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support team.
How You Can Change The License Number And Product Code For Mac Users?
- Open the main menu and then run the QuickBooks then click on the manage my license
- Now choose the Deauthorize This Computer
- Now follow the on-screen prompts that will take you to enter the license number and product number, once you have to restart your QuickBooks.
You can also know about how to transfer QuickBooks license.
QuickBooks Technical Support Service:
We hope that with the help of the information and solutions provided above you have been able to understand how you can change the license number and product number. However, performing these processes are not very difficult but you might sometimes come across certain technical issues or error such as QuickBooks Error 3371 that needs to be handled promptly.
However, if you are still facing any trouble or have any doubt or confusion that needs to be cleared then you can directly contact the Intuit QuickBooks Proadvisors who are 24*7 available to assist you with resolving any kind of QuickBooks related problems, issues, or errors. The QuickBooks highly experienced technical support experts are known for resolving any kind of problems associated with QB instantly resulting in saving your time and energy that you can otherwise invest in attending other needs of your business. You can get in touch with the team at the QB toll-free errorsupportnumber +1800-366-1468 to get an immediate response.