QuickBooks is the key player in accounting software that is designed and developed by Intuit. It is the most trustworthy accounting software that is used by millions of users across the globe. QuickBooks gives you the option to pay your bills and maintain transaction reports via mail. However, sometimes you might come across certain errors while sharing your transaction reports via mail. If you are also facing the same error then you may notice a message on your screen stating:
“QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook. Close any open Outlook windows and try again.”
Reasons For The Error QuickBooks Unable To Send Your Email To Outlook:
Following are some of the most common causes behind QuickBooks Unable To Send Your Email To Outlook error:
- Your email settings are either incorrect or invalid
- Your dll file got damaged
- The QuickBooks is running with administrator rights
- The installation of QuickBooks software was either corrupted or damaged
- Your QuickBooks installation was damaged
- Your Outlook software installation was damaged
- While sending the email via QuickBooks, the Outlook was running in the background
Solutions To Resolve QuickBooks Email Issues:
Following are the methods that you can follow to resolve the issue of QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook:
Method 1 – Make sure that the QuickBooks is not running with administrators rights
- Go to the QuickBooks icon and in the drop-down list, click on the Properties option
- Open the compatibility tab
- Unmark the option Run this program as Administrator
Important- if this option is not available then you have to go to the Show settings for all users option.
- Now click on OK option
- Now close the window and then restart the QuickBooks software.
Method 2- make sure that the email preference is properly configured:
Important- In case you are using the Microsoft Outlook along with the Microsoft Exchange Server then you have to run the Outlook and Sign in before checking the QuickBooks preference.
- Open the edit menu
- Go to the drop-down list, click on preferences then send forms
- Open the My Preferences tab
- Select the Send e-mail using according to the point of your choice
- Now click on the OK option
- Ensure that the preference is configured properly and then perform the steps given below to toggle it.
- Open the Edit, then got to preferences, and click on send forms
- Open the My preferences tab
- Now open QuickBooks email and hit the OK option
- Open the edit, go to preferences, and then to Outlook
- Click on the OK option
- Now close all the QuickBooks and all the related processes
- Now restart your computer
- Now go to the QuickBooks and then again try to email the report or the transaction
Method 3- make sure to set your email preference correctly in the internet explorer
- Close all the QuickBooks and its related processes with the help of Task Manager
- Go to internet explorer
- Open the Tools, then internet options, and go to programs
- Open the tab, ensure that the right email program has been selected as the default email program. Choose the proper option and then click on the Apply option then click on the OK option.
- Now close the Internet Explorer
- Now Run the QuickBooks and again try to email the report or transaction.
Method 4- Ensure to Test and repair your MAPI32.dll
Note- This step requires you have proper technical knowledge of handling a system as this step can be difficult for you to perform.
Use Word to check MAPI32.dll functionality
- First, restart your computer
- Go to Microsoft word then open File, click on send, then choose Email as PDF Attachment
- If your email is opening and you do not notice any error then you have to get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical Support team to get instant support.
- If you notice the error then you need to get in touch with Microsoft help to get this issue fixed.
- After the issues get fixed then you can attach the required document and then try to email your report or transaction in QuickBooks.
- Close the processes that are running in your system
- Go to the Windows Explorer > Windows+E keys
- Open the folder C:\\Windows\System32
- Find the exe folder and then double click on the Same option.
- Perform the steps and once the steps get completed then restart your computer.
- Close the processes that are running in your system
- Go to the windows explorer > windows+E keys
- Open the folder C:\\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033.
- Now right click on the dll file then Rename it in the drop-down list
- Add OLD at the end of the file name created, (dll.OLD)
- Restart your computer
- Now run the exe once again and then perform the instructions given on the screen
- After the process is completed restart your computer.
QuickBooks technical support service
We hope that with the help of the steps given above you have been able to resolve the Error QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook and now you are able to send transactions or report in QuickBooks to Outlook without facing any trouble. However if in case the error persists or you are not able to perform any step then you can always get in touch with the Intuit QuickBooks Proadvisors that are 24*available to fix any of your issues. You can contact the technical support at errorsupportnumber +1800-366-1468 to get instant assistance. You can also reinstall the QuickBooks software to prevent the error from occurring and repair the outlook by if it is damaged, to repair it you can check out the links given below:
- https://support.office.com/en-US/Article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b For Microsoft Outlook 2010 users
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/924611/how-to-install-the-individual-2007-office-features-or-to-repair-the-in for Microsoft Outlook 2007 users