QuickBooks Desktop allows you to access the QuickBooks Company file using the hosting system or server system. However, you can face several issues while trying to open your company file by using the QuickBooks multi-user if the QuickBooks Hosting Mode is Off.
This article will provide you a complete resolution for the QuickBooks Hosting Mode is off issue. You can also contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisors to get an instant solution for your issues by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1877-277-3228.
If you find yourself in such situation then you can follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve the issues:
- Track your server or host system that contains all your QuickBooks Files.
- Set up QuickBooks Desktop in multi-user mode.
- The company files should be located on a shared folder and the folder should be accessible for all connected workstations.
Turn On, QuickBooks Hosting Mode Is Off And Install The QuickBooks Data Server Utility?
Firstly, you have to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to configure your QuickBooks software in multi-user mode.
- Login to server with administrator rights.
- Internet connection on your system should be stable and strong.
- Download the installation file of QuickBooks Desktop or use the installation disk.
- Properly install the software on your system.
- Open QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to File > Utility > Switch To Multi-user mode.
- You will get a confirmation message. Click on OK to go further.
- Add new users to your QuickBooks Desktop by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Choose the company file and then click on Set up Users & Passwords.
- Set usernames and passwords for the users.
- Finally, click on Add user.
How To Turn The Discovery On?
If the QuickBooks Hosting mode is still turned off then you can turn it on using another way on the Network Discovery mode. It is an optional process but it can be turned on to have a better option. Doing this should allow you to see it while opening any Company file while opening it via UNC path.
You Windows Operating System will tell you whether the Password Sharing is turned on or not. If it is turned on then you should be able to login to your company file by providing the network password. You can turn it off by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Run command by pressing the Windows + R
- Type Control Panel in the search field and hit enter or click on OK.
- From the Control Panel, navigate to the Network Sharing Center
- Now, click on Change Advance Sharing Setting option and then open the profile that you are currently using.
- Navigate to the Network Discovery section and the select enable the Network Discovery
- Look for the Password protected sharing option and then disable the password protected sharing.
- Click on Save Changes.
Perform the same steps on all the connected workstations to resolve the hosting mode off issue.
Steps To Open The Company File
- Open QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to File > Open or Restore Company File.
- Go to the location where your company file is stored.
- Choose your QuickBooks Company File (.qbw) and then click on Open.
- Enter the login credentials if you are asked.
Reach Us For Support
The provided solutions should help you in resolving the QuickBooks Hosting Mode Is Off issue and you should be able to access your QuickBooks Company Files in multi-user mode. Sometimes, the error may not get resolved if you haven’t set up QuickBooks Desktop in multi-user mode. If you couldn’t resolve the error manually then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number +1877-277-3228 to get an instant resolution for your issues.
Submit your review