Are you facing issues while opening, upgrading or modifying QuickBooks company files? Well, there’s an automated way to resolve all these issues provided by Intuit itself. Intuit has developed QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to tackle all the QuickBooks data file issues. This tool doesn’t cost you any extra money as this service is provided by Intuit for free. In this article, we will be doing an in-depth analysis of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. We will also tell you how to use this tool when your get into any company file error. You can also get in touch with the QuickBooks Support department for additional information.
The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can help you if you face the following issues:
- You can’t access your QuickBooks company file and get one of the following error messages:
- You are not able to see lists for your customers, vendors or employees
- You fall into the error code H101, H202, H303, or H505 while opening QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode.
- Your QuickBooks company file has become damaged.
How To Use The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
- QuickBooks 2016 and later version users may be asked to use the in-built version of File Doctor. If so, then we recommend you to use the File Doctor version mentioned in this article instead because it is the latest version and it has most amounts of chances to resolve your company file issue.
- QuickBooks File Doctor tool only works with the QuickBooks for Windows and you can’t use it for Mac operating system.
This is how you use the QuickBooks File Doctor:
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor to your system by following the below-mentioned link:
Important: If you a version of File Doctor is already installed on your system then you still have to download the tool from provided link to make sure that you have the latest version of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. We advise you uninstall the existing version and install a fresh one into your system.
- Now perform a clean installation of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
Note: If you are using Windows 10 and facing issues while installing File Doctor then you need to enable Microsoft .Net 3.5.
- QuickBooks File Doctor Tool will run automatically once the installation finishes. If it doesn’t open automatically then you need to open it manually by double-clicking on the green wrench icon in Windows task bar.
- Click on the drop-down list to locate your QuickBooks Company File (The list only shows your last 10 opened companies). If your company file is not in the list then click on Browse and select your company file manually.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Both file damage and network connectivity: If your company files are damaged or, you are getting 6xxx error (such as -6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130) while opening or modifying your Company file.
- Network connectivity only: If you are on a multi-user environment you get errors like H202, H303, H505, etc.
- Provide the admin password for company when you are prompted
- Now, you will have to select Host/Server and it is important to choose the correct option.
- If you are in multi-user mode and using file doctor on a local workstation then that means the company file is physically not available in your system. In such cases, you need to pick Workstation.
- If the tool is running on server computer that means file is available in your system and you have select Server. You should also select Server even if you use QuickBooks in single user mode.
- Select one of the option mentioned below if you are asked to share your file:
- Yes: If the tool is being used on a system which is hosting files.
- No: If the tool is being used on a system which is not hosting any company files.
- Let the tool finish its diagnostic process and once it’s done, restart your system.
Note: If you’ve run the data damage + networking option then you have to wait for the complete process to get finish in one go. Time taken by the tool depends on various factors such as whether your file is in your system or on a network, size of the file, your system configuration. Generally, it takes around 20 minutes to get finished properly. The process won’t take much time if you select network only mode and the process may get finish within 5 minutes.
Get Technical Support For QuickBooks
Hopefully, the article was helpful for you and you are able to use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool properly. This tool can be very helpful for you when you face any data damage issue in QuickBooks. It is an automated tool and can be used by all QuickBooks users easily. Although, it is capable of resolving a large part of data damage issues but it can’t resolve all of them. Some of the data damage issues require manual solutions or expert interference. If you can’t resolve them manually then you can reach out for support by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1877-277-3228 and you will be connected to one of our QuickBooks ProAdvisor who will resolve your issues instantly.
Submit your review