QuickBooks Error PS058 is one of the most common errors in QuickBooks software. It is a payroll error that occurs when you try to update latest tax table updates. It restricts you from updating your tax table and it may lead to some other issues as well.
If you are also facing this issue and looking for a way to get out from it then you have landed on the right page as this article will help you in resolving the QuickBooks Error PS058 by some basic solution steps. If you want this error to be resolved by a QuickBooks expert then you can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Number +1877-277-3228.
What Causes QuickBooks Error PS058?
QuickBooks Error Code PS058 is considered as a run time error that can occur when you try to update your QuickBooks software or payroll tax tables. It can occur due to multiple reasons but most of the time it occurs due to some software related issues. Possible causes of QuickBooks Error PS058 are as given below:
- Installation of QuickBooks software was not proper.
- Damaged QuickBooks company files
- Microsoft components are either damaged or not available.
- Your system has incorrect time and date
- You are not updating tax tables appropriately
- Firewall is restricting the update process as it is considering the update as a threat to your system.
Resolve QuickBooks Error Code PS058
Basically, there are four major steps that needs to be performed to resolve the error code PS058. However, before moving on to the solution steps, you need to re-validate your payroll subscription and if it is not active then activate it first. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error PS058 are as given below:
Solution 1: Download Payroll update
- From the main menu, go to Help > Update QuickBooks
- Navigate to the Options
- Turn the Shared Download off and then click on
- Wait for the process to get finished. Once it is finished, check you payroll tax table which should also get updated.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks
- Log in to your Windows with administrator rights.
- Open QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to Help > Update QuickBooks > Options
- Click on Select All and then select Save & Close
- Restart your system once the process finishes and then run QuickBooks to check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Check Errors In The Company File
- Open QuickBooks and press the F2 key while being in the home screen to open the Product Information window
- Now press F3 key to open the Tech Help window.
- Click on Open File then double click on log
- Go through the log window and locate Error written on any line
- Resolve the identified error for being able to resolve QuickBooks Error PS058. You can also contact us at QuickBooks Upgrade Support for more info.
Solution 4: Run reboot.bat file
- Close QuickBooks and all its related processes using the Windows Task Manager.
- Now, go to Start and search bat in the search field and hit enter
- This will open the bat file. Close it once the process gets finished.
- Restart your system and then open QuickBooks.
- Try to update the payroll tax table again.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Payroll Update Errors
The provided solutions should allow you to get rid of the QuickBooks Error Code PS058 easily. These are very basic solution steps and can easily be performed by anyone. However, if you are having some sort of trouble while performing these steps or the error is still around even after performing all these steps then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1877-277-3228 to get instant support form your issues.
Submit your review