QuickBooks is an undoubtedly a top-notch accounting program with a myriad of latest tools and add-ons. It is available in three different versions which are Pro, Premier and Enterprise. However, you can run into the QuickBooks Error 1317 across all the variations of the software. This error is categorized as an Installation error and it can cause data damage in your QuickBooks company data files. Therefore, it is important that you quickly get rid of this error by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Number +1800-366-1468. You will connect with renowned QuickBooks Experts of errorsupportnumber who will assist you in resolving the QB error 1317.
This error code is accompanied by the following error message:
“1317: An error occurred while creating directory [directory]”
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 1317?
As we said earlier, the error 1317 is an installation error which appears on your desktop screen when you are trying to install the QuickBooks software on your computer. These are some of the causes which can trigger the QB error code 1317:
- Third party applications installed on your computer are interfering with the QuickBooks processes.
- You do not have the permission to install QuickBooks.
- Unexpected changes in windows registry.
- You do not have permission to access Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio .NET to get access to that drive.
Learn To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1317
Errorsupportnumber is the leading website to get access to the most efficient and effective troubleshooting guides for all QuickBooks errors and issues. In this article, we are talking about the troubleshooting steps for the QuickBooks Error 1317. Follow the below-given steps for resolving this error:
- Reboot your computer and login as the System Administrator.
- Now, press Windows and E key on your keyboard for opening the Windows Explorer.
- Head to the C:\ drive of your desktop.
- Scroll to the Program Folder and right-click on it.
- Choose Properties.
- Head to the Sharing window.
- Now, click on either Permission or Advanced Sharing.
- In the group, select Everyone.
- Choose Allow in the Full Control line.
- Choose the username box or highlight System from the Group.
- Now, tap on the Allow box in the Full Control line.
In case the above two options are not available then apply the steps given below:
- Tap on the Add option and provide the missing group in the search field.
- Tap on the Check Names button.
- Choose OK.
- Enable Full Control for the new group.
- Head to the Security window and choose the Advanced option.
- Head to the Change Permissions window.
- Click on “Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object” to mark it.
- Choose all the given options on your screen.
- Now, save all the changes.
Attempt to install the QuickBooks accounting software (Pro, Premier, Enterprise) after applying all the steps given above.
QuickBooks Tech Support Service 24×7
We hope that the above given steps helped in fixing the QuickBooks Error 1317 swiftly. Nonetheless, if the QuickBooks Error 1317 is still popping up on your desktop screen or you want to ask any questions, then dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468 right now. Our support number is live 24 hours and 7 days of the week to provide immediate QuickBooks support services.
You do have another option which is to use the QuickBooks Live Chat Support service. Look to the bottom-right corner of the screen and click on the chat icon to chat with our Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts.