QuickBooks is an accounting software designed by Intuit. It is well packed with tools and features which can be used by any User without any prior knowledge of accounting. It is easy to set up and streamline all the accounting related tasks while increasing efficiency and precision.
But QuickBooks works on a very complex algorithm and if the syntax is not followed, the Users might run into errors like the QuickBooks Error 83.
What is QuickBooks Error 83?
QuickBooks software is used to accelerate growth in the business while mobilizing accounting and management operations. As we mentioned earlier, QuickBooks follows a strict syntax which must be followed, or you might run into errors. But the errors can also be triggered due to a faulty piece of code or technical glitches. QuickBooks Error 83 is also a technical glitch and it needs to be fixed immediately as it can also trigger different errors to pop-up on your screen.
To fix the error first we need to identify the main cause of the error to resolve it in minimum time. You can either choose to get in touch with the QuickBooks Support Team or try to manually get rid of the error by following this guide. We highly recommend that you get in touch with the support team if you are not a tech savvy person.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error 83
- The installation of QuickBooks on your system is Improper or Incomplete.
- QuickBooks Data files have been damaged or corrupted.
- You do not have the access to the Company Files.
- Your Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware or Firewall is hindering the software to access the QBDataServiceUserXX service.
- You are not allowed to edit the organizational file.
- Hosting Services are enabled on the wrong workstation.
How To Resolve The QuickBooks Error 83?
Follow these steps in the order they are given to fix the error:
- Go to the location of the file.
- Go under the file option and click on the Start button.
- Select the appropriate computer system.
- Navigate to the data drive that has the same name as your Company file and select it.
- Select the File which is facing errors.
- Rename the file and make sure the file extension is “.qbw” and not anything else.
- Add a few extra characters to the file name and then authorize it to refresh.
- Rename the file again and remove the characters that we added in the last step.
QuickBooks Error 83 should be resolved if you followed all the steps in the order they are given. If the resolution did not work for you or if you are facing any other issues with your QuickBooks, then get in touch with the QuickBooks Experts by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number 1877-277-3228. It might be possible that you are facing a more severe problem which needs to be addressed by the Experts only.