QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 occurs when more than one users try to open the QuickBooks company file from a single user mode. These issues can also occur when the company file and transaction file mismatches with each other. The transaction log file stores all the transactions that were made by the company. These files get created automatically whenever you make any transactions.
The error code 6190, 816 can also occur when you try to update the transaction without updating the company file because your computer won’t be able to accept the modifications and shows the QuickBooks Error 6190 at the end.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6190, 816
- Error code 6190 occurs in your system
- The active window crashes
- Your system starts to crash and freeze
- QuickBooks starts to freeze
- The system starts to respond slowly to your commands
QuickBooks Error 6190 can also occur while trying the install the QuickBooks software or other Intuit products.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6190
- Improper or incomplete installation of QuickBooks software
- Windows registry got corrupted due to some recent changes made in the QuickBooks software.
- Virus or malware infection has corrupted some important QB related files
- A third-party application has deleted some important QuickBooks related files mistakenly.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6190?
- Download and the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the official website of Intuit.
- Save the .exe file in your system
- Run the downloaded file by double-clicking on it.
- Once the installation process finishes, run the tool
- You must be logged in to your system with administrator rights to avail the full benefits of the file doctor tool.
- The tool will automatically detect and resolve the issues accordingly.
- Once the process finishes, restart your computer.
If the error is occurring due to the mismatch between the transaction file and the company file then you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the folder where the company file is located
- Now locate the transactions files with .tlg
- Right-click on the file and from the drop-down list, click on Rename
- Now change the name of the company file and do the same with the transaction file
- Close QuickBooks and run it again.
- Log out from the QuickBooks accounts from all the systems
- Restart all the workstations
- Copy the data files on the desktop of your local workstation
- Move the data file to its original location again
- Try to open the company file now.
The above-mentioned steps will allow you to resolve QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 easily. However, if you still face the same issue then you can contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisors by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1877-277-3228.