QuickBooks is a robust accounting software which is able to provide you almost every accounting facilities with hiring a huge team of accountants for your company. However, the software may fall into some technical errors that can be highly frustrating for you. QuickBooks Error 6177, 0 is one of them that fall under the category of company file errors and unsurprisingly, it is also a part of the 6000 error series of QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error 6177 is quite similar to the QuickBooks Error 6190 and 6176. The error code 6177, 0 comes up on your screen with the following error messages:
“QuickBooks Error -6177, 0: QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file.”
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6177, 0
The QB Error 6177 pops-up on your screen when you try to access or modify a particular company file from a system where the company file is not located. The main causes behind the error can be:
- You’ve moved the company file to another system
- Malware infection has damaged your company data files
- Antivirus or Firewall settings are not allowing QuickBooks Desktop to communicate with the company file
- You tried to open the QuickBooks company file that doesn’t supported by QuickBooks
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6177, 0?
Solution 1: QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Login to Windows as an Administrator
- Go to the folder that contains your company file
- Right click on the folder and from the drop-down list, select Properties
- Navigate to the Security Window
- Provide the number of users and give them permission to access the file.
- Go to the Advanced tab and then go to the Owners Tab
- Modify the admin user name if needed
- Select OK and close the properties window
- Open an internet browser and go to the official website of Intuit
- Download the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool from there
- Install the tool in your system and then run it
- Find out the company file which is throwing the error message and click on Test Connectivity.
- Once process completes, make sure the error is resolved. If not then move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Move Your Company File To A Local Hard Drive
Important: You must have the Administrator writes to perform these steps.
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E
- Go to folder where the company file is stored
- Create a portable QuickBooks company file file in the C drive
- Close the currently open QuickBooks company file
- Copy and paste the portable file into your server
- Try to access the company file directly from the server to ensure that the error has be resolved or not
Support For QuickBooks Company File Errors
Hopefully, the article allowed you to resolve the error code 6177, 0 manually and now you are able to open and work on the company file without any hassle. If the error is still around then you can download and use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool which is specially designed to resolve the QuickBooks company file errors automatically. However, sometimes the issue keeps on increasing day by day if you are ignoring it from a long period of time and at the end, it becomes unrecoverable. If it is the situation then we highly recommend you to connect with the technical support department of Intuit. For this, you just have to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1866-227-7717 and the Intuit certified ProAdvisors will be there connected to you over the phone. You will be provided the instant technical support for all your issues so that you can work on your accounts easily.