QuickBooks Error 6175 is a company file error that falls under the 6000 error series of QuickBooks. It generally occurs while trying to access the QuickBooks company file but the database server stops to respond. The main factor behind the occurrence of this error is an unavailable connection between the QuickBooks software and the system where the company file is located.
This article will help you in resolving the error code 6175 in QuickBooks and then you’ll be able to access the QuickBooks company file on the network system without any issues. However, if you want a quick resolution of this error then you can get in touch with the Intuit QuickBooks Support team and get your issues resolved.
Causes Of The QuickBooks Error Code 6175, 0
You must have knowledge of the factors that are causing QuickBooks Error 6175 in order to resolve the error efficiently. We’ve identified some of the most common factors that cause this error and they are as follow:
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager couldn’t be opened
- The server is currently busy in some other task and couldn’t be reached.
- Firewall setting of your Windows or the installed security software is blocking the connection between the current system and the server.
- The company file is either damaged or corrupted
- Antivirus program is not allowing QuickBooks Desktop to reach out to the server.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6175?
Before you perform the solution steps, we recommend you to enable the hosting on the Host computer or server and then switch to the multi-user mode. Now, you can follow the below mentioned steps in order to resolve QB Error 6175:
Solution 1: Setup The QuickBooks Database Server Manager Properly On Your Server Computer
- Perform a clean installation of the QuickBooks software on the host system
- Now, go to the Start menu > QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Tap on Start Scan
- Once the scan completes, the QuickBooks Company File should open in the local workstation.
Note: If the QuickBooks software is already installed in the host system and the Database Server Manager is not then directly go to 2nd solution.
Solution 2: Set The Hosting On Server Computer
- Run QuickBooks in the hosting computer
- Go to File > Utilities > Host Multi-User Access
Note: If the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access is visible then directly move on to the next solution otherwise perform this solution process first.
- Tap on Yes on the Host multi-user access/Start hosting multi-user access notification
- click on Yes on the Company file must be closed message
- Select OK to the Multi-user setup information
- Now from the File menu, switch to Multi-user mode
Solution 3: Change QuickBooksDBXX Service To Local System Account
- Click Start, in the search field, type MSC and hit Enter key
- Right-click on the QuickBooksDBXX service and click on Properties from the drop-down list.
- Navigate to the Log On tab
- Now check the Local System account
- Tap on Apply and OK to save changes
- Now you can switch to the Multi-User mode again
If the error is still around then we recommend you reinstall your QuickBooks software or if you have an older version of QuickBooks then upgrade to the latest release.
QuickBooks Technical Support For Company File Errors
Company files are the backbone of your businesses as it contains all the important information about your company. You definitely don’t want your company files to get into any kind of error or issue. Keeping these things in mind, we at errorsupportnumber.com have created a separate department that deals with all kind of company file issues.
You just need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 and the support team will be their connected with you to resolve all your technical issues.