Number of QuickBooks users from all over the world has reported that they are getting QuickBooks Error 6150 while opening the QuickBooks company file. If you are also facing the same error and you are looking to resolve the error manually then you’ve landed on the right page as this article will provide you the process to resolve the error code 6150 manually.
In order to resolve the error properly, it is important to be aware of the factors that are causing this error. Therefore, we have provided all the possible causes that can lead to the situation when you get QuickBooks Error 6150 message on your screen.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6150
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks Company file
- Damaged or corrupt installation of QuickBooks software
- You’ve tried to open a .QBM file without opening QuickBooks
- You have mistakenly changed the extension of the QuickBooks company file.
- Virus or malware infection has corrupted the QuickBooks company files.
How To Resolve The Error Code 6150?
Before you go onto the actual steps, we recommend you to perform the following quick fixes:
- If the error has occurred due to the wrong file extension then we recommend you change the file extension to .QBW.
- Check if the same company file is opening on another system or not.
- Re-install the QuickBooks software.
- Use appropriate antivirus software and then try to open the QuickBooks company file.
If you still face the issue then you need to perform the following steps:
Solution 1: Restore from backup
- Open QuickBooks and go to File > Open or Restore Company
- Click on Restore a backup copy and then click on Next
- Now, select Local Backup and then click on Next
- Browse to the location where you want to save the backup and then click on Save
- Open the backup file with .qbb extension
- Open the backup file
- Click on Save-in option and browse to the folder where you want to save the Backup file.
- The file should be saved with the .qbw file extension
- Click on Yes
Solution 2: Create a new QuickBooks Desktop file
- Open QuickBooks
- From No Company File Open window, click on Make a new Company
- Now, enter all the required information
- Click on Create Company.
- Try to create customers, chart of account and services etc.
QuickBooks Support For Company Files Issues
The above mentioned steps will help you in resolving the error code 6150 in QuickBooks easily. However, if you still face the same error then you can get in touch with the technical support team of errorsupportnumber.com by dialing there toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1800-366-1468.