QuickBooks Error 6147, 0 is a part of 6000 error code series which is related to the company file issues in the QuickBooks software. It occurs while opening, modifying the company file or while restoring a backup of your company file over a network.
If you are also facing the same issue and looking to resolve the error code 6147 manually then this the right place as this article will help you out in resolving the QuickBooks Error 6147 through some manual steps provided by the Intuit itself. You can also connect with the QuickBooks Support team of intuit to get instant support for your QB issues.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0
There can be various factors that can cause the error code 6147 while restoring a backup of your company file. But there are three major causes due to which this error occurs and they are as followed.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company files
- You tried to restore backup over a network drive
- The backup file contains more than 210 characters
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6147?
One of the easiest ways to resolve this error is updating your QuickBooks software to the latest release. Updating the QuickBooks to latest release will automatically resolve the error for you and you will be able restore the backup. If updating doesn’t help then you can try the following solutions:
Solution 1: Rename The .TLG And .ND Files
- Navigate to the folder where the company file is located
- Right-click on the files with same names but with .ND and .TLG extensions like Company_file.qbw.nd and Company_file.qbw.tlg.
- From the drop-down list, select Rename
- Enter OLD along with the file extension Company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
- Now, run the QuickBooks software and open the company file. If the error is still around, move on to the next step.
Solution 2: Re-configure The Trend Micro Active Scan Settings
By re-configuring the Trend Micro Active Scan, you will be able to get rid of this company file issue.
- Run the QuickBooks software with Administrator
- From the File menu, click on Open
- Locate your file and see in which folder the company file is stored
- Now go to the Trend Micro active scan settings and provide the exemption to disregard the folder.
Support For QuickBooks Company File Issues
The provided steps will allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6147, 0 easily and you will be able to restore the backup of your company data files easily. However, if the error is still around then you need to utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool which will help you in resolving the company file errors.
If all the process couldn’t resolve your issue then you can get in touch with the technical support department of Intuit by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717. Once you dial our toll-free number, our customer support representatives will be directly connected to you and will start the troubleshooting process without any prior charges.