QuickBooks accounting software is developed and marketed by Intuit especially for the small and medium sized business. It allows you to manage sales, inventory and payroll. It fulfills all your business requirements so that you can grow your business and make healthy profit from it. However, there can be instances when you may face some glitches and issues in the software that can be a bit frustrating for you. QuickBooks Error 6143 is one such error that restricts you from opening your QuickBooks Company file.
In this article, we will be providing you the steps that will help you in resolving the error code 6143 in QuickBooks easily. You can also contact our QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Number +1877-277-3228 to get instant resolution for your company file issues.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6143?
Steps to resolve the error code 6143 in QuickBooks are as follow:
Step 1: Open a Sample Company File Installed In Your System
You need to check if the error is occurring due to the damaged company file or damaged installation of QuickBooks. For this, you need to open a sample company file. If you are able to open the sample company file then it means that the installation of QuickBooks is not proper.
- From the No Company Open window, click on Sample Company File
- Select a sample company file from the list
- If the sample company file shows the same error code then it means that the installation of QuickBooks is either damaged or improper and you need to repair the QB installation.
Step 2: Open QuickBooks Company File Locally
Open the QuickBooks company file in your local system and check if the location of the company file is damaged or not. You need to copy company file and paste it on the desktop of your local workstation. If the company file opens up from the desktop then it means that the location of the company file is damaged. To resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6143, you need to create a new folder for the company file and then try to open it from there.
- Go to the folder location of the company file.
- Search for the file with .QBW extension which is your company file
- Highlight the file by click on it once and press CTRL + C to copy it.
- Paste the file on the desktop
- Run QuickBooks and navigate to the File menu
If the error still persists then you can try some quick fixes that can be beneficial for you:
- Open the task manage and close all the processes related to the QuickBooks software
- Disable the Windows firewall and antivirus software and then try to open the company file.
- Uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks software.
If you are still facing the same issue then you can get in touch with the technical department of errorsupportnumber.com by dialing their toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1877-277-3228.