Are you facing QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 while opening the QuickBooks Company file? Well, this article will help you in resolving this error by opening some program and making changes in the QuickBooks company files.
There are basically two situations when you can fall into the error code 6123. You need to identify your situation and then try to perform the solution steps accordingly. You can also get in touch with the QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-366-1468 to get instant QuickBooks support.
If You Get Error -6123,0 While Opening Or Upgrading Your Company File
Step 1: Download And Run QB Refresher Tool
QuickBooks Refresh Tool is developed by Intuit to close all background processes that are causing this error. It also performs a mini refresh your program files. You can use this tool without any extra charges. You just need to install it and you are good to go. Download the QB Refresh tool by clicking on the following link:
- Perform a clean installation of the tool.
- Close QuickBooks
- Run the QB Refresh tool
- Follow the prompts on your screen. QBRefresher should run for about 30 seconds.
- Once the process finishes, open QuickBooks Desktop again.
Step 2: Run File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is one of the most important add-on tools provided by Intuit that deals with all the issues related with QuickBooks company files. You just need to install and run this tool and it will automatically troubleshoot identified issues. You can download the tool by clicking on following link.
- Install QuickBooks File Doctor Tool properly in your system.
- Run the tool and perform on screen prompts to select your company file from the drop-down.
- Click on Check File Damage Only and then select Diagnose File.
- Provide your QuickBooks admin credentials and then click on Next.
- Click on Repair file in existing version of QuickBooks and then Next. If you get a prompt to “Open the file in a newer version of QuickBooks,” then ignore it. First, try to troubleshoot the current version of your company file. If error still persist then close and reopen File Doctor tool. This time you have to choose “Open the file in a newer version of QuickBooks.”
- Process to repair the file will get started.
- Once the repair finishes, choose your company file from the list and then click on Open QuickBooks
- Restart your system and then try to open QuickBooks company file even if the tool says fix was unsuccessful.
If you are able to open the QuickBooks company file then it means that error is resolved now. You should create a back-up of your QuickBooks company file on a regular basis.
If the file was repaired using QuickBooks File Doctor tool but you are still getting error code 6123, 0 then you don’t have to worry at all because you data is secured. In such scenarios, you need to get in touch with Intuit QuickBooks Support for additional support.
If You See Error -6123,0 While Restoring Your Company File
If you are restoring your file from your backup file or a portable file and then you are facing the error then you need to store these files into your local drive and then perform your process. You should not open these files from an online storage or a removable drive.
If you are restoring a backup file and you face QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 then you need to create and restoring a portable copy by following below-mentioned steps:
- Run QuickBooks on the system on which you created the backup company file.
- Open your actual QuickBooks company file properly.
- Create a portable copy (.qbm) of your company file.
- Run QuickBooks Desktop on a different computer.
- Try restoring your company file through the portable copy
Resolve QuickBooks Company File Issues
Provided solutions will allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 easily. You can check your situation and perform solution steps as required. However, in case if you can’t resolve your issue manually and you want an expert to fix this issue for you then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468 and resolve all your QuickBooks issues on the go.
Submit your review