QuickBooks accounting software helps you business to grow in so many ways. It is a very powerful and efficient bookkeeping software program but sometimes the software may fall into some errors that can affect your work and it can also harm your important data. QuickBooks Error 6006 is one of the errors that can occur and damage your important data in future. This error is also comes under the category of 6000 error series in QuickBooks which is related to the company file issues.
This article will help you to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 6006 and you should be able to access your company files again. You can also contact the QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number to get instant support for your issues.
QuickBooks Error 6006 generally occurs when you try to sync the company file and the file don’t match to the installed files in QuickBooks. When the error occurs, it comes up with the following error message:
“QuickBooks files are incompatible”
What Are The Reasons Behind The Error Code 6006 In QuickBooks?
- The system wasn’t restarted after the installation of the program
- Another application is running a setup program
- Damaged installation CD
- Damaged CD or DVD drive of your system
- Not enough space in the hard drive
- Not enough space in RAM
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks
- Windows installation wasn’t done right
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6006?
- Restart your system
- Login to your system as an Administrator
- Install QuickBooks in your system
- If the error still persists then you need to check the condition of GUARD1PLUS CD
- Make sure that the CD or DVD drive is working properly
- You need to free up disk space of your system. Minimum 1.5 GB of space is required
- Open the task manager and close all the background applications
- Shut down the System Tray free your RAM and processor space
- Go to the following folder path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield
- Right click on the InstallShield file and click on Rename
- Add on OLD at the end of the name. For example: InstallShieldOLD
- Delete your system junk
- Uninstall your QuickBooks software and then install it again
- Check for the Windows updates and if updates are available then install them.
Get Technical Support For Your QuickBooks Issues
Perform the above-mentioned steps to resolve the error code successfully. The error may become unrecoverable in case if you ignore it. In such cases, you only have the option to contact a QuickBooks expert. Ig the error still persists or you are having any doubts regarding the steps then you are free to get in touch with us by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1866-644-7717 toll-free.
Submit your review