QuickBooks is well-known accounting software which highly recommended for small and medium sized businesses. With this software, you get hundreds of features that helps you in managing your accounting tasks easily. However, there can be various scenarios when the QuickBooks software can fall into various errors and issues that can cause serious issues for you. One such error is QuickBooks Error 6000, 80 which comes under the category of QuickBooks Company File errors.
QuickBooks Error 6000, 80 is a common company file error that usually occurs when you try to open or edit a damaged QuickBooks company file. You can also face this error or an error similar to it if the file that you are trying to access is not located on your local system.
This article will help you to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80 with some basic solution steps. Once you follow these solution steps properly, you should be able to open your company file again and work on it. For an instant resolution to this issue, you can also connect with us at our QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-380-2330.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6000 -80
Major causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 80 are as given below:
- Improper installation of QuickBooks or other installation issues.
- Damaged QuickBooks Company files and other configuration files.
- The folder where all the QuickBooks data files are located is either corrupted or QuickBooks doesn’t have appropriate permissions to access the folder.
- More than one system are hosting the same QuickBooks company file.
- You don’t have permission to access the QuickBooks company file.
- The logged in user is not permitted the company file
- QBDataServiceUserXX service doesn’t have the sufficient authority to run the company file. (XX is referred as the version of your QuickBooks.)
- QBDataServiceUserXX service is being disturbed by security software.
Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 80
Steps to resolve the error code 6000 80 are as given below:
Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool provided by Intuit specially to deal with the damaged QuickBooks company files. You just need to install and run the tool in your system. It will scan all the issues and apply fixes accordingly. The download file for the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is available on the official website of Intuit. We do not recommend you to use any third-party tool or software to resolve the data damages as doing this can even corrupt your database as well.
Rename .tlg And .nd Files
- Open the File Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys
- Navigate to the folder where your QuickBooks files are located
- Look for the files with the same name as your company file but with .tlg and .nd file extensions.
- Right-click on each file and select Rename from the drop-down list.
- Now, add OLD word at the end of the file name and hit enter.
Get Instant QuickBooks Support
Hopefully, following the steps allowed you to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 80 easily. But, if you have ignored this error from a long period of time then it is possible that the error has become unrecoverable and you won’t be able to resolve it manually. If this is the case or you have any doubt in any of the solution steps then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-380-2330 to get an instant resolution for all your QuickBooks errors and issues.
Submit your review