What Is QuickBooks Error 6000, 77
QuickBooks Error -6000 -77 is a company file error that commonly pops up on your screen while opening, updating or modifying the company file. It is one of the most common and critical issue in QuickBooks software at the same time. If you are also getting the same error and you want to resolve the error manually then you’ve landed on the right page as this article will provide you the procedure to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, 77.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6000, 77?
- The company file you are trying to open is corrupted or damaged
- Firewall settings are restricting the QuickBooks to reach out to the QuickBooks Company files.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks
- The server system doesn’t have the appropriate permissions
- Some important QuickBooks files were deleted mistakenly.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, 77
Solution 1: General Solutions
- Restart your computer
- Make sure you have an active internet connection
- Make sure that you have all the appropriate rights to run the QuickBooks software
- The QuickBooks software must be installed in the administrator of windows.
Solution 2: Install QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the official website of Intuit.
- Save the .exe file on your desktop and install it on your system
- Run the tool
- Select the file in which you are facing the error
- Enter the login password if required and start the process
- Wait for the process to get finished and then restart your system
- Try to open the same QuickBooks company file that was having the error
If the error is still occurring then you need to move on to the next step
Solution 3: Modify the File extension
- Go to the folder where the company file is stored
- Right-click on the company file (.QBW) and select Rename from the drop-down list
- Add OLD at the end of the file. (example: filename.QBW.OLD)
- Do the same for the .ND file
- Restart your system
Solution 4: Check your system server’s firewall and network security settings
- Sometimes the connection between the two systems may get hindered due to the improper firewall or network security settings. If this is the case then:
- Open the Control Panel and go to Security Settings > Firewall Settings
- Turn off the windows firewall for a while
- Disable the antivirus software installed in your computer
- Try to open the QuickBooks company file
Technical Support For QuickBooks Company Files
The provided steps will allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6000, 77 easily. However, if the error is still occurring then you can try reinstalling the QuickBooks software and then try to open the QuickBooks company file. If all the tactics are not working then you can connect with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468 to get instant support for your data damage issues.