QuickBooks is robust accounting software currently used by millions of millions of users all over the world. However, there can be situation when you face some technical glitches in your QuickBooks software. QuickBooks Error 6000, 308 is one of them that occur while opening the QuickBooks company file. It can also occur while updating the QuickBooks software.
QuickBooks Error 6000, 308 is one of the most common errors in the QuickBooks software but it is also true that this error can be resolved easily by following some simple steps. This article will help you in resolving the error code 6000, 308 in QuickBooks. You can also contact the QuickBooks Payroll Support Number +1877-277-3228 to get instant support for your QuickBooks issues.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6000 308
- Some recent changes made on a system
- An important file or folder related to QuickBooks is either missing or damaged
- Improper permissions for your system server, Windows user or QBDataServiceUserXX.
- Firewall or antivirus is restricting the QuickBooks to access the company file
- Virus or malware infection in your system
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, 308?
Solution 1: Remove spaces after the company name and before the company file extension
- Sign out of QuickBooks from all devices
- Go to the folder where company file is stored
- Right-click on the company file and click on Rename from the drop-down list.
- Now, remove all the spaces between the file extension and the name of the company.
- Try to open the company file again
If the error still persists, then you need to move on to the next solution:
Solution 2: Disable hosting with every device where QuickBooks is set up
For Single-User Mode:
- Open QuickBooks and go to File > Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-User Access
- Click on Yes on the confirmation message.
- When you get Company file must be closed message, click on Yes
For Multi-User Mode:
- On every user computer displaying the error:
- From the No Company Open window, click on File and then select Utilities
- Make sure that the menu option Host Multi-User Access is visible. One or more user might display the menu option, Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, which shows they are already hosting multi-user access.
- Click on Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option on any user that shows the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Try to open the company file again. You will get the log-in window on your screen. If the error still persists then move on to the next solution.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Company File
The above-mentioned steps will help you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 6000, 308 manually. However, if still face the same error while opening the QuickBooks company file then you need to get in touch with the technical support department of errorsupportnumber.com. You can contact the certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Intuit by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1877-277-3228.