There are various error codes and issues in QuickBooks software due to which you can face hinderance in your QuickBooks. QuickBooks has various different error categories that represents a particular issue in QuickBooks such as QuickBooks Company File Errors, QuickBooks Installation Errors, QuickBooks Sync Errors etc. QuickBooks Error 1712 is one of the error that you can face in your QuickBooks software. It is basically an installation error that restricts you from installing or uninstalling QuickBooks software. It can occur due to number of reasons and the installation process gets abandoned.
If you are also facing this error and looking for a way to get out from it then this article will help you in resolving the error code 1712 with manual steps. You can also contact us at our QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1877-277-3228 to get an instant solution for your issues if you are not sure about performing the provided solution steps.
QuickBooks Error 1712: Fault
QuickBooks Error 1712 not only restrict you from installing or uninstalling QuickBooks, but it can also lead to several other issues as well such as:
- The screen turns blue when this error occurs
- Issues may occur while starting or shutting down QuickBooks,
- Input/output error can be faced
- HTTP error may also occur
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 1712
- The installation source you are using is probably damaged.
- There might be a conflict between your system and QuickBooks. It can happen due to the antivirus software installed on your system.
- You are trying to install QuickBooks in a damaged folder.
- An installation of QuickBooks is already existing on your system.
- Damaged Windows Registry.
- Virus or malware infection has corrupted your Windows files.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1712?
QuickBooks Error Code 1712 doesn’t allow you to install your QuickBooks and it can be a bit frustrating of you. You need to resolve the error quickly because you may face some other issues as well. To get any kind of support, you can connect with the Intuit QuickBooks Support department.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 1712 are as given below:
Solution 1: End All QuickBooks Processes
- Right-click on the task bar and the select Task Manager from the available options.
- Go to Processes and find out QuickBooks and its related processes.
- Click on all of them one by one and then select End Process.
- Now, try to install QuickBooks again to check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Install QuickBooks By Using A Downloaded Source
- Go to the official website of Intuit and then download the installation file of QuickBooks from there.
- Press Windows + R key to open the Run command.
- Type regedit in the search field and click on OK or hit enter.
- Open the following path in Registry Editor:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
- Expand the App Data folder by double-clicking on it.
- Now, replace the current value from the original value.
- Reboot your PC to make changes.
- Try to install QuickBooks again to make sure that the error is resolved
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
QB Install Diagnostic Tool is specially developed to resolve the installation issues in QuickBooks. It can be downloaded from the official website of Intuit and you don’t have to pay extra to use this tool as it comes with the subscription of your QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the official website of Intuit and download the installation file of QB Install Diagnostic Tool,
- Use Task Manager to close all the running processes before you start installing the tool.
- Run the installation and choose all positive options.
- Now, run the tool and then you will have to click on “I am having a problem installing QuickBooks”
- Click on OK and wait for the process to complete. The time taken by tool depends upon your system configuration and the size of your issue.
- Once the process completes, restart your system.
Resolve QB Installation Errors
This article should be helpful for you as it would have helped you in resolving QuickBooks Installation Error 1712 and now you should be able to install QuickBooks on your system. Sometimes you can get this error due to some system issues and it may not get resolved by following the steps mentioned above. In such situations, you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1877-277-3228 and get instant solution for all your QB errors and issues.
Submit your review