QuickBooks is a high-tech accounting software that comes with so many in-built components to make your accounting tasks easy and effective. QuickBooks Payroll is one of the most important and appreciated add-ons to the QuickBooks Desktop. However, to make QuickBooks and Payroll more efficient, Intuit releases regular updates. Downloading updates for your QuickBooks are must as they are required to run smoothly. But, sometimes you can face several issues in the QuickBooks software while updating it. QuickBooks Error 15240 is one such error that occurs when you try to update QuickBooks or Payroll Ta Table.
You can get the following error messages when the error code 15240 occurs on your screen:
Error 15240: The payroll update did not complete successfully.
File Exists: The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not being used by another program.
Internet connection error: unknown error
This article will provide you a complete resolution for the QuickBooks Error 15240 and you will be able to update the QuickBooks software. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1877-277-3228 to get an instant solution for your QuickBooks issues.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 15240?
QuickBooks Error Code 1540 restrict you from updating your QuickBooks software and payroll tax table and your work can get hindered by this. The error indicates that the payroll update couldn’t get processed due to some unknown reasons. In this section, we have mentioned some of the causes due to which the error code 15240 can occur and they are as follow:
- Some recent changes made in the QuickBooks software that didn’t go well.
- Installation of QuickBooks Desktop was not appropriately done.
- Damaged QuickBooks Company File.
- Windows Registry got corrupted due to some recent changes in QuickBooks.
- A third-party application has mistakenly removed some important QuickBooks file.
- Virus or malware attack has infected your QuickBooks company files.
- Time and date of your system is incorrect.
- Improper firewall settings
- Unstable internet connection.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15240
Following the steps mentioned below will allow you to update your QuickBooks again. You are recommended to perform the steps in the shown order and if the first solution resolves your issue, you don’t have to go to the next solutions.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 15240 are as given below:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks as Administrator
- Close QuickBooks.
- Go to the desktop and right-click on the QB icon.
- From the drop-down lists, click on Run As Administrator.
Solution 2: Verify the system date and time settings
- Go to the time and date settings of your system.
- Click on Change Date and time settings
- Choose the correct time, date and time zone.
- Click on Apply and then OK.
Solution 3: Add Windows permissions to QuickBooks installation folders
- Close QuickBooks and all its related processes using the Task manager.
- Open the Internet Explorer by pressing Windows + E
- Navigate to the folder C:\Program Files\. For 64-bit users, C:\Program Files (x86).
- Locate and right-click on the Intuit
- Select Properties from the drop-down options.
- From the Security tab, click on Advanced.
- Validate that User group is the owner of the folder. If not then take the ownership of the folder by following below-mentioned steps:
- From the Advanced Security Settings screen, click on the Change option which is available in the front of Owner name.
- In the Enter the object name to select field, type Users and then click on Check Names.
- Click on OK.
- Mark the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects
- Click on Apply and OK.
- Choose Users from the Permissions window and then click on Full Control.
- Click on Apply, then OK.
- Try to download the update. If the error still occurs then you need to perform the above steps again for following steps:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
- (64-bit users) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Intuit
Solution 4: Verify the Internet Explorer settings
- Run the Internet Explorer and click on Gear icon from the top-right corner of window.
- Click on Internet Options and then go to the Advanced
- In the Security section, mark the Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0
- Click on Apply, then OK.
Solution 5: Check your third-party firewall
- Consult your firewall manufacture to get instruction on how to adjust the settings and allow QuickBooks to download updates.
- Make sure that the following QuickBooks files are provided access by your firewall application.
- exe (QuickBooks executable file)
- exe (QuickBooks update executable file)
- Make sure that ports 80 and 443 are not disabled.
Resolve QuickBooks Update Errors
The provided solutions should allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15240 and you should now be able to update your QuickBooks software or payroll tax table. The error needs to be resolved as soon as possible because after a certain point of time, it can become unrecoverable. If you are not able to resolve this error then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1877-277-3228 and get your issues resolved. You will be provided an instant and best resolution for your issues so that you can use QuickBooks software to take your business to new heights.
Submit your review