QuickBooks comes with various features that allow you to manage your accounts and keep your business up to date. It comes with various add-ons which makes it more efficient and reliable such as the payroll services. However, the QuickBooks software can also fall into various error and issues that can make it difficult for you to work on your accounts. QuickBooks Error 15107 is one such error that can restrict you from working on your accounts. This is basically an update error that can occur while updating the QuickBooks software or payroll tax tables. It hinders the update process in the middle and throws the error code 15107 with an error message.
If you are looking to resolve the error by manual procedure than this article can be very help for you as we’ll be discussing about the resolution of QuickBooks Error 15107. You can also connect with the Intuit QuickBooks Support department to avail the technical support for your QuickBooks update issues.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error 15107?
Intuit releases a common update for QuickBooks after every six months and it releases a new version of QuickBooks every year. It is highly recommended to install all the available updates as these updates make this software more accurate and more reliable. There can be some instances when some unknown factors start to hinder the update process and as a result, the QuickBooks Error 15107 pops up on your screen. We have deeply analyzed this update error and then identified the most common factors that can lead to the situation when you face the error code 15107. The main causes of QB Update Error 15107 are as given below:
- Damaged or corrupted Windows registry
- Previous QuickBooks update was forcefully cancelled
- Damaged QuickBooks update path
- The update could not get processed due to the firewall settings of your system
- Antivirus or other security software installed in your system is considering this update as a threat to your system.
Resolve QuickBooks Error 15107
Before you start the process of resolving the error code 15107, it is advised to restart your computer once and then try to update the software again. It is because sometimes when you keep your system on for a long time, some temporary errors or issues can also cause this error. If the error is still around even after restarting your QuickBooks then you need to follow the below mentioned steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 15107:
- Click on the Start menu, in the search field, type .bat and press the Enter
- Now, a command prompt will open and various files will open up on your screen
- Once the reboot.bat utility finishes, close the utility using the task manager.
- Open QuickBooks again
- You may get multiple copies of reboot.bat file if there is more than 1 installation of QuickBooks. If this is the case then you need to choose the correct file related to the QuickBooks in which you are facing issues.
- Close QuickBooks using the task manager
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys
- Navigate to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooksXXXX\Components ( where xxxx is the version of QuickBooks)
- Look for the DownloadQBxx folder
- Run QuickBooks again
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop > Update Now
- Select the Reset Updates
- Click on Get Updates to download the latest updates
- Once the process finishes, reboot your system
- Click on Install Now to Install all the available updates by
Technical Support For QuickBooks Error 15107
The provided steps will allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15107 easily and then you will be able to update your system to the latest release. However, if you are still facing the same issue and you still can’t update your QuickBooks then you have to get in touch with the technical support department of Intuit. For this, you just have to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-380-2330.