Are you trying to update your QuickBooks 2016 version to the latest version but getting the QuickBooks Error 15106 in return? Well you don’t have to worry now as this article will provide you the in-depth analysis and full-fledge solution for the error code 15106. We recommend you to perform the provided solutions carefully to resolve this error and you can also get in touch with the QuickBooks Support department to get instant support for all your QuickBooks issues.
QuickBooks Error 15106 is a very common error that occurs while updating the QuickBooks software or the payroll tax table. This error can be a very frustrating for you if you are updating your QuickBooks 2016 versions to the 2019 version because as you know that the QuickBooks 2016 has been discontinued from 31st May 2016. You won’t be able to get any kind of service from Intuit for the QuickBooks and more importantly, you won’t be able to get the technical support services for your QuickBooks 2016 versions. To know more about the discontinuation policy, you can connect with us at QuickBooks 2019 Upgrade Support Number +1866-644-7717 toll-free.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error 15106?
- Unstable internet connection in your system
- Incorrect time & date of your system
- Firewall settings are restricting the QuickBooks
- Improper installation of QuickBooks software
- Security software is identifying the QuickBooks upgrade as a threat to your system
- More than one QuickBooks installation is present in your system
- The Windows user doesn’t have appropriate rights to process the update.
How To Resolve The Error Code 15106?
- Close the Spy Sweeper antivirus program:
- Press the CTRL + ALT + DEL to open the Task Manager
- Go to the Processes tab and locate the exe process from the list
- Click on End Process
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R keys
- Type Control Panel and then hit Enter
- Navigate to the Program & Features section
- Uninstall the Spy Sweeper program
- Rename the QuickBooks components:
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys
- Navigate to the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\IntuitQuickBooksxxComponents
- Right-click on the download<yy> folder and select Rename from the drop-down list
- Add OLD at the end of the file name
- If the error occurred because of limited user access
- Close all the running processes using Task Manager
- Login to the user that has the administrator rights
- Try to run QuickBooks updates again.
- If the issue is still around then keep on performing the below steps.
- Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks in Selective Startup mode:
- Open the Run command by pressing the Windows + R keys
- Type misconfig in the box and then hit enter
- Now, go to the General tab and make sure that the Select Startup and Load system services are marked
- From the Services tab, mark the Hide All Microsoft Services
- Select Disable All
- Restart your system and then try to run the updates again.
QuickBooks Update Support
The provided solutions should allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15106 easily. However, if you still face the same issue then you can reinstall the QuickBooks software using a fresh source and try to install the latest version directly. Doing this will resolve your issue easily. However, if you couldn’t do that then you can get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 and get instant support for all your QuickBooks issues over the phone call.