QuickBooks Error 15102
QuickBooks accounting software comes with various tools and features that allow you to do complex accounting tasks easily. It is a great accounting platform and to make it more effective, Intuit, its mother organization releases regular updates. Currently the QuickBooks 2019 version is the latest among all that is being highly appreciated by the users across the globe. It is obvious that updating your QB software is essential but at the same time, you can also fall into some errors while trying to update the QuickBooks software or payroll tax table. QuickBooks Error 15102 is one such error that generally comes to your screen when you try to update your QuickBooks to a higher version. This article will give you an in-depth analysis of the QuickBooks Update Error 15102 so that you can easily resolve the error on your own.
Why Is It Important To Update The QuickBooks Software?
Intuit always recommends its users to be on the latest version of QuickBooks because the latest version comes with the latest features and important security updates. Also, if you are using the QuickBooks 2016 version then it is almost mandatory for you to upgrade your software to the latest release as the QuickBooks 2016 version will be discontinued by Intuit after May 31, 2019. It means that you won’t be able to avail the live technical support services, important add-services and critical security updates after the date. So, we recommend you upgrade your QuickBooks software as soon as possible or you can connect with us at QuickBooks Upgrade Support 2019 by dialing the toll-free number +1866-644-7717 and get additional information about this discontinuation policy.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 15102
QuickBooks Error 15102 occurs while downloading the QuickBooks update or a payroll tax table update. It comes with the following error message:
Error 15102: Failed to reset update
The main causes of the error code 15102 are as given below:
- You’ve enabled the Shared Download but the download location that you’ve specified in invalid or not available.
- QuickBooks is being accessed in a terminal services environment under multiuser mode
- If you are a Windows Vista user then you may face the error because you are not logged in as Windows Administrator
- Firewall settings are restricting the update process
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks software
How To Resolve The QuickBooks Error 15102?
Note: The error can pop on your screen if you are not updated to the latest release. First, update your QuickBooks to the latest release and if you are still facing the issue them move on to the solution steps.
Steps to resolve QB Update Error are as follow:
- If you are in multiuser mode then you need to switch user mode by going into Edit > Switch to single user mode
- Validate if the mapped file location is correct or not. To do so, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Press CTRL+1 which will open the Product Information
- From the Product information window, locate the mapped location path; for example: [x]:\[folder name]\[data file name] and write it down somewhere.
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Options tab and check if the details in Download Location are right.
- If Shared Download is enabled then the drive in Download Location and Product Information window has to be exact same.
- If Shared Download is disabled then the directory in Download Location and the QuickBooks Desktop installation directory have to be same.
- If the location is wrong then modify the location. You need to choose one of the following:
- If Shared Download is set to Yes then set it to No and then click on Save.
- If Shared Download is set to No then set it to Yes for Shared Download and then click on Save.
- Click on Close and try to download the latest tax table again.
- If the download location is right then you have remap the drive to a new letter. To do so, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop company file if it is open.
- Remap your network drive to a new letter.
- Open your QuickBooks Company file by using the newly mapped-drive letter.
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks > Options
- Set the Shared Download to No and then back Yes
- Make sure that the download location is using the new mapped-drive letter.
- Click on Save and then Close.
- Try to download the latest tax table again.
If you keep on facing the issues in Windows Vista then you need run QuickBooks Desktop with administrator rights.
- Go to the desktop and right click on the green QB icon
- From the drop-down list, select Run as Administrator
- If the User Account Control (UAC) asks you to run the application, click on Continue.
- Try to update QuickBooks to the latest release again.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Update Issues
The Provided solutions will allow you to resolve the error code 15102 and then you will be able to update your QuickBooks Desktop and utilize the latest features of QuickBooks 2019. However, if you keep on facing the same issue then you need to connect with the QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 for instant support for QuickBooks.