QuickBooks is an user-friendly accounting software specially designed for small and medium sized businesses. But sometimes the software may fall into issues that can hamper your workflow easily. QuickBooks Error 1321 is one such error that occurs due to the insufficient permission issues. The installer couldn’t write a file because it does not have the appropriate permission or other system errors.
You can resolve this error by updating the privileges on the file or source listed in the error message. You receive the following error message along with the error code:
Error 1321: System has insufficient privileges to modify this file
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 1321
- The update process faster than the file copy process
- The security software installed in your system is restricting the update process of QuickBooks software.
- Windows permissions for the folder where the file is located are set to restrict access. That’s the file couldn’t be accessed.
QuickBooks Error 1321 Resolution
- Click on Retry on the error message to allow the update to get finished
- If the error is still around then click on Cancel and go to Options
- Disable the security software and then update the software.
- Reinstall the QuickBooks software to go to the default settings.
Update The User Insufficient Privileges To Files
- The dialogue box will show the Error generated during the installation process. In the following example, AcrobatConnect.cfg generated the error message:
- Error 1321.The Installer does not have proper rights to modify the file C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg. Action ended 11:21:48: InstallValidate.
- Set the privileges for the folder mentioned in the error message, example:
For Windows XP Professional Users:
- Press the Windows + E keys to open the Windows Explorer
- Navigate to the parent folder provided in the error message
For example: The parent folder in the path c:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg is FlashPlayerTrust
- Navigate to the parent folder and click on it
- Select Properties from the drop-down list
- Click on the Security tab
- Under the Group Or Usernames, select Administrators
For Windows XP Home Users:
- Shut down your system and turn it on after 5-10 minutes
- Press the F8 key once the Windows logo appears.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking and press Enter key
- Follow the onscreen prompts under the Update user privileges in Windows XP Professional.
- Restart your system and then reinstall the QuickBooks software.
- Click on System under the Group or Usernames and the permissions should be set to Allow full control.
- Tap on Advanced from the Security tab
- Select Replace Permission Entries On All Child Objects With Entries Here That Apply To Child Objects
- Select OK
- Enable the simple file sharing back and then reinstall the Adobe software
Error 1321 Enterprise Solution:
- Remove the following folders:
- C:\Program Files\Symantec C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec
- Reboot your system and install the Symantec Endpoint Protection client
Support For QuickBooks Error 1321
The provided steps will allow you to resolve the error code 1321 in QuickBooks and then you’ll be able update the QuickBooks software to the latest release. However, if the error still persists, you can get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support department by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 and get your issues resolved instantly.