QuickBooks Error 1303 is a common installation error that occurs when you try to install the QuickBooks software. This error restricts you from installing QuickBooks software because the installer doesn’t have appropriate rights to make changes.
If you are also facing this error during the installation or update process of QuickBooks then this article will be helpful for you as we will be providing you the solution steps for QuickBooks Error 1303. You can also get in touch with us at QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-380-2330 to get instant support for your issues.
What Causes The Error Code 1303?
Major causes of QuickBooks Error 1303 are as given below:
- Damaged installation source of QuickBooks.
- DVD writer of your PC is having some issues
- Antivirus or firewall application is not allowing the installation to get initiated.
- Damaged Microsoft components.
- You don’t have appropriate user rights to install QuickBooks.
- You might be installing an outdated version of QuickBooks
Resolving QuickBooks Error 1303
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 1303 are as given below:
Change Folder Permission Settings
Changing the permissions manually to set them to Full Control for the system and Everyone groups for the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users:
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E
- Navigate to the folder:C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES.
- Go to Organize and then select
- Click on Security and then select the Advanced
- Double-click on System User.
- Mark the Full Control checkbox from the Allow Column and then hit enter.
- Repeat the same steps from every group member.
- Mark the Replace all existing permissions checkbox and then click on
- Click OK to save changed and close the Advanced Security Settings window
- Click OK to save changes and close the Common Files Properties window
- Try to install QuickBooks software again to check if the error is resolved
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Download and install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool in your system. This tool is specially developed to help you in resolving the installation issues and Microsoft component related issues. This tool can easily be used by any QB user as Intuit provide this service without any additional charges. You just have to install and run it. It will automatically detect and troubleshoot identified issues. Just restart your system and then try to install QuickBooks again.
If the above steps couldn’t resolve your issue then you can try the following alternative steps as well:
- Try to install QuickBooks using a different source
- Disable your Antivirus software and then try to install QuickBooks
- Configure firewall settings
- Try to install the latest version of QuickBooks
- Update or install Microsoft components
Resolve QuickBooks Installation Issues
Provided solution should allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 1303 and you should be able to install your QuickBooks software. However, there can be instances when this error could not get resolved manually. In such situations, you need to dial our toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1888-380-2330 and get instant support for all your QuickBooks issues.
Submit your review