You need to reconcile your credit card transactions in QuickBooks when any credit card statement is received or when the financial period completes. The reconciliation process verifies your data and checks the authenticity of it between credit card statements and your company.
The accountants verifies all your transaction in credit card statement and compare them the internal system of your business. There are multiple methods that can be used to record a payment to credit card and they are as follow:
- Writing a Check
- Payment transfer
- Use or Pay Bills
- Adding entry through Banking downloads
- Make payment while reconciling the credit card
- Create a journal Entry
It is crucial for your business to have a QuickBooks account for each credit card and the account type should be Credit Card. For Debit Cards, transactions needs to be entered directly into the bank account and not in the Credit Card account.
QuickBooks is an advanced accounting software that allows you to manage your records easily. However, sometimes you can face several errors and issues as well while performing several processes. You can get some issues during the reconciliation process as well. QuickBooks Credit Card Payments Not Showing Up in Reconciliation. This article will provide you the solution for this credit card issue.
If you want an instant solution for your reconciliation issues then you can also get an instant solution for your issues by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1877-277-3228.
Possible Credit Card Related Errors
Most common causes for credit card reconciliation issues are as given below:
- Error while the client tries to make partial payment on its card bills.
- Account Payable is being added to clear the debt balances.
- Every card bill is tracking the same expense account.
- Credit Card accounts couldn’t get reconciled.
Symptoms Of These Errors
Symptoms of these errors are as given below:
- A/P (account payable) is showing as too high with multiple credit card bills.
- Your bank account balance is appropriate but expenses section are remaining high.
Reasons And Steps To Fix: Why QuickBooks Credit Card Payment Not Showing Up In Reconciliation:
- The credit card you are trying to reconcile was already reconciled before.
- You should be able to see the reconciled transactions from the bank register.
- If it is marked with R then it means it is already reconciled and you don’t have to reconcile it again.
- Transactions are hidden by mistake
- Unmark all the sections that are probably hiding transactions after the end date of the statement.
- Locate the hidden transactions from the right-side of window and then unhide those transactions.
- At last, you need to check if you have or have not credited credit card transaction in your QuickBooks account. To fix the issue, you need to make sure that the verification method is mentioned in the payment.
Bank reconciliation process and credit card reconciliation process in QuickBooks is almost same. If you are still facing the QuickBooks Credit Card Payment not showing up issue then you have to make sure whether the credit card statement is reconciled properly or not. You should also make sure that you are following appropriate guidelines to reconcile your transactions.
Reach Us For Support
The provided steps in this article should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Credit Card Payments Not Showing Up In Reconciliation. In case, if you are not able to resolve the error by following the above steps then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1877-277-3228 to get an instant solution for all your QuickBooks errors and issues.
You can also visit our community to get solution steps for most of the errors and issues in QuickBooks Desktop.
Submit your review