Are you looking for instructions to set up your Physical Inventory Scanner in QuickBooks POS?
Read this article to the very end to understand the process better.
Intuit developed QuickBooks for the Accounting and Management fraternity so that they could handle bookkeeping and manage their business financial activities comfortably. Later, Intuit realized the need for a software for Tracking Inventory and Payroll etc. Intuit named these software’s QuickBooks Point of Sale and QuickBooks Payroll.
To further assist their Users Intuit released QuickBooks POS Scanner. It quickly started dominating the market as the Scanner is extremely portable and highly precise while scanning barcodes. All the inventory record and upload of the inventory data just takes up a couple of minutes in QuickBooks POS.
Physical Inventory Scanner Set Up
- Insert one end of the power cord into a plug and another end into the cradle of the hardware.
- Now, fix the end of the USB cable into the Physical Inventory Scanner.
- Insert the battery into the scanner.
- Turn on the device.
Note: The scanner comes with rechargeable batteries which are made up of lithium-ion. You can read the specifications on the box. To recharge the battery and the scanner you must keep the device fixed in the cradle and the cradle should be plugged into the power source.
QuickBooks Point of Sale Physical Inventory Scanner Installation
Follow these steps to install the scanner and its associated software:
- Open your CD-ROM.
- Place the QuickBooks POS CD into the tray in CD-ROM.
- If you receive a prompt for the installation of the software, click on “Cancel” button.
- To launch QuickBooks Point of Scale you have to run the setup.
- Click on the Setup Wizard in the Menu tab.
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
- Attach the Physical Inventory Scanner once you get prompt on your screen which asks you to add it.
In case, if you need any help with the installation or setup process dial the Toll Free QuickBooks Support Phone Number on 1877-277-3228 to have a conversation with our QuickBooks Experts. You can also use the live chat option to provide the details.