Sometime, when you try to open a company file in your QuickBooks accounting software, you may encounter “Error 80070057: The parameter is incorrect”. This is a common QuickBooks error that occurs when a user does not have enough permission to delete files from a specific company folder. To access the company file, you must have the read/write access as well as create/delete rights to the folder where the company files are stored.
In case you are facing QuickBooks Error 80070057 and are looking for ways to manually troubleshoot the issue, we can help. In this article, we have highlighted some simple steps to resolve the problem. However, before proceeding with the resolution steps, let’s take at the possible reasons behind the error.
Reasons behind Error 80070057
You may encounter Error 80070057 if:
- You are trying to open your company file by double-clicking on it, rather than opening it from inside the QuickBooks Desktop .
- You have a third party firewall that’s not configured for QuickBooks.
- Your software is not updated to its latest version.
- Your Company’s file extensions have been changed.
- QuickBooks installation files have been corrupted.
Resolution to the problem
Follow the below-mentioned steps to instantly resolve the problem:
Solution 1: Verify the company file name extension
- Right click on the company file and go to Properties.
- Click on the QuickBooks tab.
- Note down the file extension in the Filename field and the QuickBooks version and click OK.
Change the Extension
- Create a new folder.
- Copy Company file and paste it in the new folder.
- Right click on the new folder and click on Rename.
- Rename the file extension to .qbm.
- Click anywhere to save the changes.
- Now, restore the Portable by opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- If the file is not opening, rename the extension to .qbb.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and restore the Backup.
- If the file does not open, rename the extension to .qbx.
Copy the company file into another folder in Flash drive
- Open the Windows Explorer with opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open C:\ drive and go to the “File” option.
- Right-click and click on the New Folder.
- Now, copy the “Companyfile.QBW” from Flash drive into the new folder.
- Finally, open QuickBooks Desktop and open a new folder.
Solution 2: Run as administrator
- Go to Start.
- Right click the QuickBooks Desktop program icon.
- Click on Run as administrator.
Solution 3: Open the company file only after your QuickBooks program has opened
Unlike other programs, QuickBooks Desktop does not open by double-clicking on the company file. For this,
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and select All Programs.
- Click on the QuickBooks version that you want to open.
- If your company file did not open automatically, select the Company file and click on Open.
Solution 4: Update QuickBooks to the latest release
Install the latest update of QuickBooks Desktop to resolve the issue.
Solution 5: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool)
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool on your computer.
- Close all programs and run the QBInstall Tool.
- Once the diagnosis and repair process is over, restart your computer to ensure that all components have been properly updated.
Still need help?
Not able to fix the issue by following the aforementioned steps? Well, then the issue is too technical to be fixed manually. Call QBhelpnumber.com by dialing our toll free QuickBooks support number +1866-644-7717 and our certified QuickBooks technicians can help you quickly fix the error message for complete peace of mind. Highly trained and experienced, they are well versed with all issues and error messages affecting your QuickBooks speed and performance and can help you get going in no time. For instant resolution of Error 80070057, call us now!