Designed for uninterrupted business productivity, QuickBooks helps you automate your mundane business accounting tasks, allowing you to focus on things important for the success of your organization. However, many a times, issues and errors crop up while using QuickBooks, making it difficult for you to work on the software.
One such error is QuickBooks Error 80029c4a. This is one of the most complicated runtime errors and a critical system issue, which occurs when users try to open or access a Company file. When you encounter this error, one of the following two error messages will flash on your screen:
QuickBooks couldn’t load a system component. Restarting your system might solve the problem.
There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with company file.
In this article, we’ll show you ways to troubleshoot the issue manually.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
This error generally occurs when
- QuickBooks Desktop system file is either corrupted or cannot be found
- Your antivirus software incorrectly detects a QB Desktop file as being virus-infected
Resolution to the problem
Solution 1: Check your antivirus program for files that have been quarantined
- Open your antivirus software and check the system scan results.
- Identify if any of the QuickBooks files have been marked as infected.
- If yes, then follow your antivirus help document to remove it from the list.
- You can also fix the issue by turning your antivirus off. However, this might expose your system to virus, malware and other security threats.
Also, it is highly recommended to seek professional support before making any changes to your anti-virus programs. Call our QuickBooks specialists at 1888-380-2330 for expert help.
Solution 2: Perform a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop
Before uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop, make sure that you have fully backed up all your data and company files. Also ensure that you have a QuickBooks Desktop installation CD and license number.
- Uninstall your QuickBooks Desktop version and re-install using a clean install.
- Then, update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version. For this,
- Go to the File menu and then click Close Company.
- Click on File and then click Exit.
- In the settings, select Run as administrator.
- Go to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks.
- Select Options and select Mark all button and click on Save.
- Click on Update Now.
- Now click on Reset Update and select Get Updates.
- After QuickBooks update has finished, a pop up will appears to close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click OK and then open QuickBooks Desktop again.
- If you get a pop up to install updates, click Yes.
- Once the update installation process is finished, restart your computer.
This should resolve the error message. In case you still need help, get in touch with our QuickBooks experts by dialing our QuickBooks helpline number 1888-380-2330. Our certified technicians will take the remote access of your computer to help you instantly fix the issue. They can also help you upgrade QuickBooks accounting software to most recent version for seamless work and productivity.