QuickBooks is a comprehensive accounting solution developed and marketed by Intuit. It is easy to use software but on certain occasions, you can come across some technical error such as QuickBooks Error -6189, -77. They are technical errors which can be categorized as run-time error.
QuickBooks Error Code (-6189, -77):
While working on your QuickBooks you can come across various technical and function error. QuickBooks Error Code -6189, -77 is a run-time error, which is technical error. It is encountered when you try to open or create any company file. It can also be associated to several other errors in QuickBooks like Error (-6189), Error (-6189, -82), Error (-6189, -1005) and Error (-6189, -85), as they also occur when you are trying to open company file or create a new one in your QuickBooks accounting solutions.
The various reasons responsible for the occurrence of this QuickBooks error are:
- When you are trying to open different transaction log files i.e. there is a mismatch between your transaction log file (.tlg) and your company file (.qbw).
- You have restricted permissions for windows, QBDataServiceUserXX.
- You want to open any company file which may not be applicable for your QuickBooks Desktop. For example: you are trying to open QuickBooks 2018 company file in QuickBooks 2017.
- Presence of some damaged or corrupt file in your software.
- Different user logged into your company file in a Single User Mode.
For such technical errors, you can also rectify your errors by updating your QuickBooks Desktop to recent version and then try to open your company file again. If this doesn’t help you then you can try to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this error. The solutions are recommended by Intuit experts to settle this QuickBooks Error -6189, -77.
Solution 1: Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- You will have to download QuickBooks File Doctor tool online.
- Download and install it in your system.
- After installation, run it in your system.
- After the whole process is finished.
- Reboot your system.
Solution 2: Fix TLG Mismatch
- You will have to locate your transaction log file, it will have same name as your company file but with extension .tlg.
- Select your transaction file and right-click on it and rename it.
- Enter new name and press Enter.
- Open your QuickBooks software.
- Check whether all the users are logged out of QuickBooks Data file.
- Close your QuickBooks software and reboot your system.
- Now you will have to copy those data file.
- Copy those files back to its original location.
- Finally, open your QuickBooks and check that your error has been resolved or not.
QuickBooks Customer Support – Call +1877-277-3228
QB Help Number is a third party QuickBooks consultancy who provides support to thousands of QB users worldwide. If you have any query or you need any expert advice, you can always get in touch with us. We are available round the clock to provide remote tech support for QuickBooks . We have QuickBooks professionals who have years of experience in handling such issues. To contact us you just have to call on our 24×7 toll-free QuickBooks customer support number +1877-277-3228