QuickBooks is by-far the best accounting software that helps millions of business owners manage their company finances with ease and precision. To make the most of this business accounting software, it is of prime importance to keep it up to date with all the latest updates.
However, sometimes while updating QuickBooks to newer versions, users may encounter QuickBooks update error 15215. The error mostly occurs while performing payroll update and maintenance release. Due to this error, your server will stop responding, limiting your access to the server.
If you are facing QuickBooks Error 15215 are looking for ways to fix it, we can help. In this article, we’ll show you the manual ways to fix the problem. But before proceeding with the resolution steps, let’s take a look at the issues that lead to this error message.
Causes of QuickBooks update error 15215
Reasons behind Error 15215 are:
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of QuickBooks software
- Conflict with another application running in the background
- Malware or virus infection
- Windows registry error
- A mistakenly deleted QuickBooks Payroll file
How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15215?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the issue manually:
Solution 1: Reboot your computer
The simplest way to resolve the issue is to reboot your computer. Restarting your computer can force the corrupt QuickBooks Desktop Payroll files to close or reset its settings, helping you fix the error message. However, if the error still persists, follow Solution 2.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Desktop as Window’s Administrator.
This gives QuickBooks Desktop a priority over other Windows programs and allows it to use all resources required for its properly functioning. For this,
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Go to your desktop screen and right click on the Desktop icon.
- Select “Run as administrator”
- Select ‘Yes’ when “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?” message appears.
Solution 3: Verify Use TLS 1.0 is checked, and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are unchecked in the Internet Options window of Internet Explorer
- Close your QuickBooks application.
- Go to Internet Explorer and click on Tools.
- Select Internet Options and click on the Advanced tab.
- Now click on the Advanced Settings and search option ‘Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2’.
- Verify Use TLS 1.0 is checked.
- Now verify that Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are unchecked.
- Click OK to close the window.
- Close Internet Explorer and reboot your computer.
- Now reopen QuickBooks Desktop and verify the problem has been resolved.
The above solution steps should fix the error message, allowing you to successfully download software updates. In case the problem still continues, you need expert help. Contact us by calling us at QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number 1888-380-2330 and avail quality remote tech support from our certified experts. Available 24X7, 365 days a year, our QuickBooks experts will help you fix the error message in the shortest time possible. They’ll also help you install all latest QuickBooks updates as well as upgrade your QuickBooks version for best performance. For instant resolution of all tech issues, call us today!