Are you looking for the steps to Combine Reports From Multiple Company Files in QuickBooks Desktop. Well, this is the best platform for you as this article will help you to do so.
QuickBooks is undoubtedly a great accounting software with top-notched features that allows you maintain your accounts more efficiently. One of the best features in QuickBooks Desktop is creating and managing various reports that tells you about your company’s performance. With this article, we will be helping you out in Combining Reports From Multiple Company Files in QuickBooks with some easy steps. You can also get in touch with QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1866-644-7717 to know more about combining multiple reports.
Note: For QuickBooks Pro and Premier users who wants use the multiple company file reporting feature then it is highly recommended to upgrade your QuickBooks subscription to QuickBooks Enterprise. If you want to get additional information about combining reports or if you want to upgrade your software to the Enterprise version then you can contact us at QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number +1866-644-7717 toll-free.
This article series basically covers all the information related to the reports including hoe reports work and other important reporting tasks.
- Understand reports
- Set report preferences
- Customize reports
- Create, access and modify memorized reports
- Combine reports from two or more company data files
- Set up and modify Scheduled Reports
Things you need to know before going on to the steps:
- It is recommended to keep your chart of accounts in the company file sorted as much as you can so that your combined lists can easily be read.
- You will be able to combine reports that have same name, same type and hierarchical level in all reports and the account names are not case sensitive.
- Accounts that won’t get combined are:
- Different level accounts. For example, a telephone account could not be combined with the telephone sub account.
- Accounts with spelling differences.
- Accounts that do not have any account number.
- Accounts are sorted by type. Every account in any type is sorted as per the modifications made in the first company file. Also, the accounts from other company files are included in the order they are shown.
- Logging in to your company files may be require and after that you will have to switch them to multi-user mode.
How To Combine Reports From Multiple Company Files
Note: QuickBooks Pro and Premier users can perform the 2nd and 3rdoption and the QuickBooks for MAC users needs to perform 3rd option only.
Option 1: Combine Reports In QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
You have given an option that you combine reports from multiple company files in the Enterprise version.
- Balance Sheet Standard
- Balance Sheet Summary
- Profit & Loss Standard
- Profit & Loss by Class
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Trial Balance
To combine reports:
- From the Reports menu, click on Combine Reports from Multiple Companies and then select the Add Files option
- Locate the other company file and then click on Open
Note: Repeat above two steps for other files as well.
- Select the reports that you will be combining.
- Set From and To dates and choose a report basis.
- Tap on the Combine Reports in Excel option that will run an MS Excel file with a spread sheet of your reports.
Option 2: Use A Third-Party Software
You can go to the Intuit Marketplace where you can get various third-party application that can be used to combine your reports easily.
Option 3: Manually Export Reports From Each File And Combine Using Microsoft Excel
- Open QuickBooks and then access the QuickBooks company file.
- Export the report you’ve selected on MS Excel worksheet and then save it in your local system.
- Open the other company file whose report you want to combine.
- Export the report again into the Excel file but in a new sheet and then save it.
- Run MS Excel workbook and combine all the reports you exported into a new worksheet.
- Save the Excel file.
Get Technical Support For QuickBooks
The provided steps should allow you to Combine Reports From Multiple Company Files in QuickBooks Desktop. If you are facing any issue while combining your reports then it might be possible that you are trying to combine some damaged reports or on of the selected report is damaged. In such scenarios, you either need to resolve damages from your report or seek help from a QuickBooks expert to fix damaged reports issues. You can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 and get instant support for all your QuickBooks issues.
Submit your review